Time zones: SBT (UTC +11)
, GMT (UTC +0)
, CET (UTC +1)
, EET (UTC +2)
, MSK (UTC +3)
At Hopin, we’re reimagining events. Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
Founded in 2019, Hopin brings brands and communities together around highly interactive and engaging experiences. We believe that people should have access to the conversations, moments and ideas they care most about, no matter where they are. Through our highly scalable platform, participants are able to learn, engage, and connect from anywhere in the world.
Hopin started as a virtual events solution but we have since meaningfully expanded our offering from virtual events to hybrid and in-person events, as well as video and workplace collaboration products. This growth has been fueled by a series of strategic acquisitions, including: Boomset - an all-in-one event management platform; Attendify - advancing Event Marketing products; StreamYard - unveiling a video production Studio; video hosting service Streamable and video technology company Jamm.
Listed as one of the 2021 Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators
, Hopin has scaled to 800+ employees working remotely across 47 countries. Valued at $7.75B, Hopin raised a $450M Series D round of financing and is backed by top tier investors, including Arena Holdings, Altimeter Capital, Adam Street Partners, Untitled Investments, XN Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, GIC, IVP, Northzone, Salesforce Ventures, Slack, Temasek and Tiger Global.
- Lead a team of Engineers and technical leaders, cultivating an environment of psychological safety and continuous learning
- Optimise engineering processes and resourcing across the core platform and project delivery engineering teams to deliver a sustainable and seamless flow of value
- Define strategies lead to define the roadmap through user research and alignment with business requirements
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of complex infrastructure/platform projects
- Bring your own ideas and vision for a world-class platform and make them a reality
- Collaborate with the Engineering leadership team in setting the Developer Platform long term strategy and priorities
- Review technical architecture proposals by engineering leads ensuring relevant considerations have been made about costs, scalability, performance, resilience, maintainability, observability, and testability
- Look across teams for opportunities to improve communication and knowledge sharing, remove roadblocks and reduce complexity
- Drive a culture of cross-team learning, encouraging engineers to present to a wider engineering audience.
- Experienced in running multiple teams, growing technical leaders and scaling teams with 6+ years of overall engineering management experience
- Track record of creating highly performing autonomous engineering teams in a high paced startup environment
- Strong technical and engineering background that includes cloud technology, platforms, modern technology architecture and infrastructure
- Startup and lean mentality, driving at minimum viable products and solving the customers’ problems
- Experience managing global distributed teams
- Passionate about people and excellent skills on people management with the ability to inspire, coach and mentor the best of people
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- Monthly Wi-Fi stipend
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.