Hopin (www.hopin.to) is a live video events platform that brings people together online. Our mission is to provide better connections for a better world through interactive and personal online events.
We’ve recently been funded by Seedcamp, Europe’s best early stage VC and are at an inflection point in regards to pace of growth. We’re currently in private beta with an over 5000+ waitlist and looking to scale really fast.
With significant early traction we're working towards building our in-house product & engineering team to be the heartbeat that drives the company forward. (Our aim is to be the fastest growing startup in Europe in 2020).
About the role:
We are looking for a full time Front-End Web Developer who is self-driven and ambitious, with a keen eye for design, and preferably with solid experience in frameworks like React and JQuery.
You will be responsible for implementing visual elements that users see and interact with, ensuring alignment of web design, optimising web pages, among other duties.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is comfortable in a fast paced start-up environment as well as working with a remote development team. You will have the opportunity to work within a highlight motivated and ambitious team of 6, reporting directly to the Head of Engineering.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Ensuring high quality user experience
- Maintain and improve company website
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimise application for maximum speed and scalability
- Provide high-quality graphics and visual elements
- Work closely with a small agile development team
- Delivering projects and KPIs on-time with high quality Browser troubleshooting, debugging
Skills and qualifications:
- 2+ years Front-End development experience
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Understanding of key design principles
- Solid experience working in an agile development environment
- Passion for clean code
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
- Proficient knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues and solutions
- Experience in graphic software such as Adobe Suite, Photoshop, etc
- Knowledge of some SEO principles
- Experience with WebRTC, Live Streaming or other related video technologies
- Self-starter, able to deliver project on time meeting high quality standards
- Strong understanding of different software development practices,infrastructure, and how each can help bring more value to customers
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
More about Hopin:
Hopin solves the problem with webinars and virtual events. Webinars are one-sided and passive; participants don’t interact with each—a critical component to learning. Unlike Zoom and other video conferencing tools, Hopin focuses on engagement and interaction between users (people-centric), not on screen-watching (powerpoint-centric).
With Hopin, organizers can build live video events with a Stage (for presentations to hundreds of thousands of people), Sessions (for group breakout discussions of up to ten people), and Networking (for one-on-one meetings).
A competitive starting salary for this role with the opportunity for bonuses as we scale.
We are currently a remote team and are open to remote applications from all over the world. However, if you’re based in London you can work with the CEO and other team members at the Seedcamp office in the Google for Startups Campus in Shoreditch.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please reach out with
your resume. (firstname.lastname@example.org)