Remote Senior People Business Partner
View company profile & all jobs →
Full-TimeManagement and FinanceUSA OnlyHuman Resource Management
Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10)
About the role
Help Scout is a remote first company, with 160 employees (and growing!) working from 80+ cities all over the world to build helpful, human customer service tools. Our mission is to grow our world class team full of diverse, talented people that are united by an enthusiasm for great products and being helpful to others. We’re also a Certified B Corporation!
As the People Business Partner for our Experience organization, you’ll support leadership, managers, and individual contributors within the Product, Engineering and Design teams in pursuit of their best work. In practice, this means partnering with coaches to build high-performing teams, while also contributing to strategic initiatives that undergird our culture and values.
About the role
- Strategic Advisory - You’ll provide strategic partnership and leadership with coaches to drive the needs of the business goals forward. This includes developing programs that focus on retention, engagement, recognition, and performance management.
- Data-Driven Problem Solving - You’ll collect, analyze, and identify trends in qualitative and quantitative people-related data(including engagement surveys, off-boarding and on-boarding surveys, pulse surveys, etc.) to monitor and improve organizational health, and recommend new initiatives.
- Influential Storytelling- You will be a part of improving our current process for performance management and take it to the next level. This will include updating how we approach self assessments, , individual goal setting, and roadmaps.
- Trusted Coaching - You’ll be a coach to our coaches, helping them through difficult conversations, performance concerns, terminations, headcount planning, and career development discussions with their direct reports. You will approach all of these discussions through a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Independent Voice - You will partner with the various leaders on the people team to customize team learning and development programs, as well as deploy existing training focused on culture, company best practices, and career progression.
- Salary - We have an internal transparent salary matrix for each team. For this role, we are paying $155,000, $161,000, or $167,000 depending on experience. Read more about how we approach compensation here!
- You have outstanding communication skills and you know how to adapt in a variety of situations and with different audiences. You can handle difficult situations/conversations with poise, professionalism, and with empathy. You have no issue holding a“room” when needed and running presentations with a data-centered approach.
- You understand and have experienced scale and growth within a technology function and can handle the ambiguity and priority shifting that can sometimes go with that.
- You’re excited when you see companies prioritizing DEI initiatives. You know that D&I work is an ongoing, evolving process and feel passionately about infusing D&I into people processes.
- You are tech savvy and have demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action. You are comfortable with formulas and functions in Excel / Google Sheets.
- You have broad experience in managing a variety of employee relations situations in the US and around the world. You have experience coaching first-time managers as well as more senior leaders(and you love doing it!).
- You believe remote teams are the future of work. It’s a bonus if you have experience working with remote teams and have some idea of what policies and training help them succeed most.
- To ensure sufficient overlap with your teammates, we're looking for candidates that live in UTC-5 (East coast US) and UTC-7 (as far as San Francisco) time zones.