Over 12,000 businesses in 140 countries use Help Scout to serve their customers in a human, helpful way. Help Scout’s Product Support Analyst (PSA) team is at the heart of what drives us — our customers.
With their deep understanding our customers and product, PSAs maintain a valuable partnership between our support and product teams. They represent the voice of the customer by providing our product team with actionable, data-driven insights used to make customer-centric prioritization decisions. They also work in our support queue where they gain insight on trends directly from customers and ensure their teammates have the resources and expertise needed to provide best-in-class support as the product changes.
Our ideal hire is motivated by what we’re doing as a company
, believes in the value of quality technical support as a career, is eager to partner with our Product team, and champion our customers as we decide which problems to solve. It’s an opportunity to be a member of our Customer Support team, while having a tangible impact on how the product evolves.
This is a full-time, fully remote position.
About the role
- You are a member of our Customers team, aka “Customer Support”. You’ll spend 25-40% of your time in the queue helping customers. During your first 3 months of onboarding, you’ll spend the majority of your time in the queue to build up product knowledge, get to know the team and our customers.
- You’ll also be part of a cross-functional team, collaborating often with product, engineering, and design teammates who all share the same focus: learning from our customers to decide what problems to solve and how to solve them.
- It’s up to you to research and analyze what our customers are saying, reporting the most impactful trends to the Product teams to improve the customer experience. This process is a clear way you can collaborate closely with Product Managers to help ensure our customer’s most important problems are being solved.
- You’ll determine the impact of reported Jira issues and organize them by priority to make sure items are appropriately escalated.
- You’ll assist your team by participating in customer research, product discovery, testing, and generally pitching in to make the project a success.
- You’re responsible for making sure that the Customers team understands your team’s product vision and how that supports our overall business strategy, and that they are in-the-know when your team releases anything with customer impact.
- You’ll help the Customers team separate the signal from noise product-wise in the queue, communicating proper context when we choose to act, and more importantly not act, on a trend or issue.
- You’ll help coach the Customers team when it comes to more complicated technical issues or details about how the product works, and ensure our internal documentation is robust and accurate.
- You are located in the Americas or EMEA (between-8 through +2 UTC). EST working hours are preferred. We believe in strong work-life balance, and since you'll be working closely with Engineering, Product, Design, and Marketing Teams, we are focusing our search to these timezones. You must be able to commit to core hours between the hours of 10AM-2PM EST or 11AM-3PM EST.
- You have a healthy perspective on the tension between day-to-day support and long-term product vision. While you’ll be saying no a lot, you’re able to maintain a deep sense of empathy for solving customer problems and are able to balance that with the big picture priorities for the business.
- You’re a highly collaborative teammate, with proven experience working cross-functionally and building alignment across teams. You’re an effective and flexible cross-team communicator.
- You’re eager to become a Help Scout product expert. Since you’ll be supporting our customers and working directly with Product and Engineering folks, you’ll have to know the product inside and out. Familiarity with Help Scout is a plus.
- You are more technical than the typical customer service professional. Maybe you can code, or maybe you have experience with research methodologies, or maybe you just have a knack for solving tricky problems.
- You can write very well, and are excellent at thoroughly explaining complicated concepts at various organizational and technical levels.
- You're eager for a challenge. When you don’t know something, you embrace the chance to grow and get better. Former teammates and managers would call you resilient. We work together as a team, and that means we encourage each other to improve as a team.
- Bonus: As PSA on our Communications team, your team focuses on the communication channels that power our Help Desk product. Experience with email deliverability and/or support communication tooling (email, chat, social media, etc.) a plus