Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
Well, hello! We’re Help Scout. We make customer service software that empowers more than 12,000 businesses to support their customers in the most human, helpful way. We're a remote company with 160+ employees, and we've been remote-first
from day one. We believe that when teams represent different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, magic happens. The result
is better products and a culture that enables everyone to bring their authentic selves to work.
We’re looking for a technical growth marketer to own setting strategies for how we use systems and data to boost customer acquisition. You’ll be responsible for brainstorming customer acquisition strategies and will manage execution of your projects from start to finish, working closely with our Marketing Operations Manager and front-end engineers.
If you enjoy using tools, experimentation, and data to find new and unique ways to grow revenue, we would like to meet you!
Please note that at this time we are only able to hire in the following locations: United States, Canada, Australia, Finland, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, United Kingdom, Denmark, Germany, and Norway.
About the Role
As a technical growth marketer, you’ll be responsible for project managing all of our website and technical projects on behalf of the growth marketing team. What that looks like on a day-to-day basis might include:
- Working with product marketing, design, and engineering to determine which site components would be most useful to include in a landing page builder in Contentful.
- Working with our Marketing Operations Manager to identify the criteria we should include in lead scoring and determining what we should do with high-quality leads (email nurturing, sales outreach, etc.).
- Helping brainstorm simpler ways to achieve desired outcomes when it comes to website changes, making sure we’re preserving engineering capacity for our highest-priority projects and initiatives.
- Partnering with our engineering team to help educate other marketing team members on what’s practical, possible, and realistic in terms of project requests.
- Conducting all CRO testing on our website, working closely with our design, engineering, and operations teams to design experiments and implement results.
- Owning our growth marketing team’s tech stack, managing our CRO testing tool (VWO), our product tour tool (Navattic), and selecting, implementing, and managing additional tools we adopt based on your analysis and recommendations.
- Analyzing our systems and data to get a complete understanding of our current performance and finding bottlenecks preventing us from achieving our revenue goals.
- Proposing new tactics and strategies we should pursue to boost customer acquisition, managing your projects from start to finish while working with a variety of teams and individuals across the company.
- Monitoring marketing and sales performance metrics to forecast trends, identify issues, evaluate performance, and optimize for growth.
While you can expect to work on the tasks listed above, a big part of this role is working as a strategist, which means you’ll be responsible for determining what projects you’ll spend your time on. Over time, the tasks you’ll work on will change based on the strategies and projects you propose, as well as the performance of those tactics over time.
: We have an internal transparent salary matrix for each team. For this role, we are paying $123,000-$133,000 USD. Read more about how we approach compensation here
For this role, we’re looking for someone with a strong technical background who’s interested in using technology to help grow revenue. Ideally, you have:
- 4+ years of experience at a B2B SaaS company in a technical growth marketing, marketing operations, product manager/owner, or similar role.
- Experience analyzing data in BI tools (e.g., Looker) to make insightful decisions.
- Strong project management skills and a dedication to taking an agile, iterative approach.
You might also have:
- Experience working in GitHub, creating and deploying PRs.
- Experience working in Contentful.
Who You'll Work With