Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
Well, hello! We’re Help Scout. We make customer service software that empowers more than 12,000 businesses to support their customers in the most human, helpful way. We're a remote company with 160+ employees, and we've been remote-first
from day one. We believe that when teams represent different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, magic happens. The result
is better products and a culture that enables everyone to bring their authentic selves to work.
We’re looking for a Growth Marketing Strategist to help support our growing sales team. You’ll work closely with sales to understand their goals and needs, ramping up and managing projects to support both inbound and outbound initiatives. If you have experience in account-based marketing and enjoy coming up with ways to boost lead generation, we would like to meet you!
Please note that at this time we are only able to hire in the following locations: United States, Canada, Australia, Finland, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, United Kingdom, Denmark, Germany, and Norway.
About the Role
As the growth marketing partner to the sales team, you’ll be responsible for brainstorming strategies and project managing initiatives to support our mid-market inbound and outbound sales teams. What that looks like on a day-to-day basis might include:
- Developing a deep understanding of our ideal customer profile for mid-market customers across a variety of industries.
- Working closely with inbound and outbound sales to understand their goals, needs, and current/upcoming initiatives, designing supporting marketing projects, and managing those projects from start to finish.
- Planning, creating, and executing targeted ABM strategies and programs to drive sales pipeline and advance sales opportunities for engaged target accounts across a variety of channels.
- Supporting the sales team in writing outreach sequences, utilizing a variety of marketing assets(blog posts, Docs articles, and sales enablement materials) to add value for recipients.
- Running ad campaigns to generate leads and get the Help Scout brand in front of target accounts before beginning outreach.
- Supporting our Marketing and Sales Operations Managers in developing systems and strategies for programmatically identifying promising accounts, scoring those accounts, and handing them off to the appropriate sales team members for outreach.
- Monitoring, tracking, and reporting on engagement and results across all programs and campaigns, making recommendations based on your analysis of the results.
While you can expect to work on the tasks listed above, a big part of this role is working as a strategist, which means you’ll be responsible for determining what projects you’ll spend your time on. Over time, the tasks you’ll work on will change based on the strategies and projects you propose, as well as the performance of those tactics over time.
: We have an internal transparent salary matrix for each team. For this role, we are paying $107,000-$118,000 USD. Read more about how we approach compensation here
For this role, we’re looking for someone with a growth marketing background in a role supporting lead generation for a sales team. Ideally, you have:
- 2+ years of experience in a marketing role focused on sales support.
- Experience in a marketing role for a B2B SaaS company.
- Experience working in Salesforce, HubSpot, Outreach, or other related marketing automation, ABM, and CRM tools.
- Experience running ads on a variety of channels and A/B testing ad copy and creative to continuously improve performance.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to drive strategy and make critical decisions.
- Strong project management skills and a dedication to taking an agile, iterative approach.
You might also have:
- Experience supporting sales on a product that’s designed specifically for SMBs.
- Experience working as a BDR or AE on a sales team.
- Experience analyzing data and creating reports in a BI tool(e.g. Looker).
Who You'll Work With