Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
Well, hello! We’re Help Scout.
We make customer service software that empowers more than 12,000 businesses to support their customers in the most human, helpful way. We're a remote company with 160+ employees, and we've been remote-first
from day one. We believe that when teams represent different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, magic happens. The result
is better products and a culture that enables everyone to bring their authentic selves to work.
We’re looking for a growth marketer who can take the lead on creating content that’s designed to generate more leads, trials, and revenue for the business. If you love to write, enjoy seeing the direct impact of your work on company goals, and are interested in engaging in constant experimentation to improve the performance of your work, we would like to meet you!
Please note that at this time we are only able to hire in the following locations: United States, Canada, Australia, Finland, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, United Kingdom, Denmark, Germany, and Norway.
About the role
As the resident writing expert on our growth marketing team, you will work on a variety of content projects designed to enable new customer acquisition. You’ll:
- Work closely with our SEO Strategist to create purchase-intent blog content that’s designed to introduce searchers to Help Scout and convince them to start a trial.
- Create the content for emails and nurturing sequences for customer acquisition campaigns.
- Help craft the copy we’ll use for ads and new landing pages.
- Work with our Partnerships Specialist on content that supports co-marketing campaigns.
- Closely monitor your KPIs and engage in constant experimentation to improve your results.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to become a subject-matter expert in both our product and our competitors’ products so you can write high-quality content that attracts prospects to Help Scout and convinces them to try our software. You’ll articulate and amplify the value of our product across multiple mediums, working closely with members of the growth, product, and content marketing teams.
: We have an internal transparent salary matrix for each team. For this role, we are paying 91,000-$99,000 USD. Read more about how we approach compensation here
- You have at least two years experience writing content for a B2B SaaS company.
- You have a basic understanding of SEO and are excited to improve your skills in that area.
- You enjoy testing and reviewing new tools. You can clearly communicate a tool’s strengths and weaknesses as they relate to solving a particular problem.
- You’re adept at turning what you learned through your research into highly targeted, persuasive, and helpful content.
- You don’t mind following a detailed brief to ensure that the content you create is exactly what readers are looking for.
- You’re able to work mostly autonomously. While you’ll work closely with other members of the marketing team and larger organization, you’re excited about jumping in and really owning our product content, conducting the necessary research, and publishing new content frequently.
Who You'll Work With