Have you ever been online trying to pay a medical bill, and thought to yourself: ‘why are you making it so hard for me to give you my money?’ That’s the problem we solve for healthcare organizations of all sizes, including health systems, hospitals, physician groups, medical billers and dental service organizations.
HealthPay24’s SaaS customer engagement, e-billing, and payment platform helps accelerate collections, improve security, reduce costs, and enhance the patient experience.
Our mission is to bring the Fortune 100 e-payment experience to organizations who don’t have the time, energy, resources or expertise to build it themselves. The platform has been designed in a way that consistently yields more online payments and paperless enrollments -- driving the positive business outcomes our clients want
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, HealthPay24 seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups we are building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with product and technology leadership to collaborate on overall technology strategy including technology selection, team planning and formation and definition of processes that meet the needs of the business.
- Work closely with Product to understand business requirements, product functionality, and user experience and collaborate on approaches that will contain scope yet deliver desired outcomes.
- Effectively recruit, onboard and keep a diverse set of engineers while promoting a collaborative, inclusive and inspiring team culture for all.
- Mentor, coach and develop team members to ensure continuous improvement.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and leading code reviews.
- Act as a lead engineer to clear blockers, resolve major issues and triage task assignments.
- Spend approximately 40% of your time designing, coding, creating unit tests, packaging and supporting deployment of releases and otherwise contributing as an individual contributor.
- Facilitate regular Lean-Agile process activities including assisting in the development of user stories, estimates, and agile ceremonies.
- Enable the team to self-organize, self-manage and deliver via effective Lean-Agile practices and tools (e.g. Aha!, Jira, TestRail, MS Visual Studio, Zendesk).
- Be a student of current industry trends, ensuring that the company maintains and expands its technology leadership position.
What to Expect
First 30 to 60 days:
- Meet and get to know the HealthPay24 Team.
- Virtually attend company all-hands meetings, coffee breaks and cocktail hours.
- Complete Security and HIPAA training (HITRUST/PCI).
- Discovery of the business and our culture.
- Shadow design, development and QA work-in-progress.
- Shadow support tickets and key customer/partner meetings.
- Complete architecture and code review.
- Listen to, learn from and build trust with the team.
Next 60-90 days:
- Strategic planning with the Leadership Team about people, process and technology.
- Develop priorities, goals and KPIs.
- Share observations and collaborate on future plans for keeping what works, iterating on what doesn’t and measuring along the way.
- Create space for self-care. This is a marathon, not a sprint.
We’ll be Excited if You Have:
- 10+ years of experience defining, building and shipping technology products on Lean-Agile product development teams and 5+ as a proven engineering team leader.
- Experience in payment processing, money transfer, banking, personal lending or other fintech.
- Experience in leading and building complex projects that require a deep understanding of APIs, EDI, scalable B2B platforms, cloud/web application logic and 3rd party integration ecosystems.
- In-depth understanding of OOP, design patterns, algorithms and data structures, concurrency design and server-side development.
- Experienced with performance-oriented software development, including performance analysis, scaling, and tuning.
- Proficient with back-end and deployment technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Azure Service Fabric, Redis, and so on.
- Proficient with data processing and transformation, either using open-source platforms or cloud-native.
- Self-motivated, excellent attention to detail and effective English speaking and writing skills.
- Nice to have: experience working on solutions that involve machine learning, recommendation systems, personalization engines, user matchmaking or data alignment.
HealthPay24 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HealthPay24 provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact email@example.com
To all recruitment agencies: HealthPay24 does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job’s alias, employees, or any other organization location. HealthPay24 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.