Software Engineer - Terraform Provider Enablement
Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
Visit company website
View all HashiCorp jobs
HashiCorp’s Terraform is an open source project that enables you to safely and predictably create, change, and improve production infrastructure via the CLI. Terraform codifies APIs into declarative configuration files that can be shared amongst team members, treated as code, edited, reviewed, and versioned.
Terraform Providers are the plugins written in Go that implement Terraform resources and data sources, bridging cloud APIs with Terraform's declarative configuration language. Providers are complex, and to ensure the success of our Provider developers, we create tools, APIs, and documentation to make high-quality Provider development and maintenance easier.
We want you to contribute to development and maintenance of Terraform Providers in tight collaboration with the large and growing Terraform community, utilizing operations and engineering skills to work across a diverse set of infrastructure providers.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Support integrations with new and existing infrastructure providers
- Help support open source contributors, new and seasoned, with supportive and constructive code review, documentation improvements, and workflow changes
- Advocate and support improvements to Terraform APIs and core to improve development and integration of providers
- Work on issues and improvements in Terraform Providers critical to the success of HashiCorp customers and the broader community
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You're comfortable programming in Go
- You have experience with customer support or OSS community support to help interface with the Terraform community
- You are familiar with infrastructure management concepts and ecosystem
- You have experience using Terraform
Please ensure you meet geographic and skills requirements before applying.