Do you want to put your product development skills to work changing the lives of those with special needs?
Harkla is looking for a part-time, flexible hour Product Developer and Designer to lead our product development process and continue our mission of creating the highest-quality products for those with special needs.
- 2+ Years of Product Development/Designing experience
- An understanding of products for those with Sensory Processing Disorder
- Willing and able to test products while working from home
- Extremely Detail-Oriented
- An organized and clear communicator
- Familiarity with safety certifications, particularly those for testing hanging swing safety
- Experience working with textiles
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL BE LIKE:
With help from the Harkla team, you will work on developing top of the line products for children with special needs, particularly those with sensory-related issues. If you are not familiar with our product line, please click here to see it
You will be provided as many resources as possible to make your job work smoothly, but working from home will require you to be able to develop and test products at home.
After designing the initial prototypes of products, we’ll work closely with our factories (in China) to bring the product to life.
Because of the delay between designing products in house and manufacturing them in China, the number of hours per week and month will ebb and flow with the product development cycle.
At Harkla, we focus on quality over quantity, so developing four high-quality products over the course of a year is the pace you would be working at.
The products developed help tens of thousands of individuals each year.
- Compensation will be hourly, based on experience, and U.S. market rate
- Hours will be flexible but will be expected to make 1 meeting per week
- Work from anywhere, as long as it’s the continental US
- Shipping products back and forth
- $50 monthly workspace stipend, on top of work-related reimbursements
HOW TO APPLY: