All talented marketeers know that the core of a great business is an excellent product and an exceptional customer experience journey. Our growing, skilled, high-performing, and 100% remote Greenback team is looking for a resourceful, Marketing Product Manager, with a customer experience mindset.
What you will do:
The Marketing Product Manager will be responsible for the suite of tax services that Greenback offers and the experience that the customer goes through.
- The customer engagement process, from the minute the customer chooses us on our website. This means looking at creative ways to ensure we have the right customer journey that encourages retention.
- Our client portal- soup to nuts (built-in Salesforce). You are responsible for the UI, the journey, ease of use, technical excellence. This is not just about maintenance but about a relentless pursuit of continuous improvement- from little things like how a question on our questionnaire is being asked, all the way to big things like what the journey is, what steps are needed, what software and systems we use.
- All the marketing communications and workflows that sit behind that (managed in Salesforce and HubSpot).
- Supporting the accountant team (you will not manage the accountant team, but rather act as the customer advocate in ensuring the accountant habits and systems create an excellent customer experience). Support includes providing best practices for the customer experience and ensuring that the workflow the accountant team utilizes lends to meeting and exceeding customer needs.
To ensure excellence in our product and the customer experience end to end, the Marketing Product Manager will need to:
- Understand buyer personas- who are we helping? What do they need? How do we ensure that we are meeting those needs? Even better- how do we anticipate those needs?
- Be a data nerd. Good experiences come from a mix of intuition and meticulous testing, tweaking, and learning. You need to be able to measure and analyze all day each day - continually improving.
- Ask the right questions at the correct times. Use our customer satisfaction survey to guide business choices and any other research, survey, and listening tools as needed to understand our customers' experience with us deeply.
- Know how to A/B test effectively.
- Be technically savvy- use automation, software, and systems as the core, so that our incredible accountants can focus on tax prep.
- Experience as Product Manager in B2C environment.
- Experience mapping out end to end customer experience (ex: customer segmentation, marketing funnels).
- Experience with testing strategies (ex: A/B testing in email marketing, funnels, or website journeys).
- Experience in creating SOPs, process maps, or documentation.
- Experience with Salesforce, ideally as a superuser. Experience with HubSpot a plus but not required. In general, this role requires extreme technical competence. If you need a manual or a tech support team to guide software choices or management, this role isn’t for you.
- Knowledge and general appreciation of the importance of UX, and experience working with designers and developers to achieve the right look and feel.
- Calm under pressure, resilient, and can shift as needed. As a tax business, our deadline-driven nature means there are times when stress is high, deadlines tight, and leadership is required to keep everyone calm. You need to be someone who creates that environment.
- Fast-paced, highly energetic, and ambitious (we’re that way as a team, so need someone who can lead that way too!).
- Note: we’re looking for people in the US time zone only, overlapping a 9-5/8-4 working day with an EST and PST team.
- Expat experience is a plus!
Greenback makes life better for Americans living abroad and aims to take away the anxiety and hassle of helping US expats become and stay compliant with their US taxes while overseas.
- We cherish feedback and consider it a gift to each other and from our customers.
- We build trust by providing a painless tax preparation experience that our customers can’t help but tell their friends, family, and expat communities about us.
- We make decisions quickly and effectively using data with customer needs always in the forefront of our minds.
- We strive for simplicity and seek to continually improve processes both internally and externally.
- We think and strategize like a large company while maintaining the heart, passion, and pace of a small company.
- We understand that expat taxes are not one size fits all and provide confidence to our customers through our deep expertise in expat tax.
- We believe that detailed planning and flawless execution are critical for a smooth-running operation.
- We hold ourselves to the highest standards and we are accountable for the success of our role within the business. Being accountable includes an obligation to make things better, to pursue excellence, and to do things in ways that further the goals of the business.
- We approach each day and the new challenges it brings with a positive attitude, an open mind, and a can-do spirit! We celebrate and honor each other's contributions proactively.