We are seeking a full stack engineer to join our team as we continue to build and scale our business. As we grow, in addition to building the app, you’ll have the opportunity to define culture, engineering practices, and technical choices. You should be a product-focused developer with a track record of writing well-designed and thoughtful code.
The Grayce application consists of a GraphQL API written in Ruby on Rails and a React/Ionic client app that supports web and mobile. We’re looking for a generalist who can help on both sides of that equation, but you don’t need to have expertise in both.
We offer competitive benefits, unlimited PTO, remote work, and more. Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What you will do:
- Implement new features across the stack
- Optimize the GraphQL API and solve scalability problems
- Own significant parts of the platform and make sound architectural decisions
- Address infrastructure and deployment challenges as we modernize our approach
- Work closely with our product team to architect, design, implement, and test features
- Influence engineering team culture and processes
- Bring your kind and thoughtful approach to engineering and product discussions
We’re more interested in finding a solid developer than a particular set of skills, but the ideal candidate’s experience would include:
- APIs with Ruby on Rails and Postgres
- Query and performance optimization
- Client-side apps with modern React
- Managing and updating deployment and infrastructure resources
- Working on agile teams with rapid iteration and solid testing
- Ability to work effectively in a distributed team
- Startup experience or the desire to be self directed, ok with ambiguity, and product-focused
- 3+ years software development experience