About The Role:
As the Director of Product Management at Grabango, you’ll work hand-in-hand with some of the best engineers in the field on features across front-end, back-end, Machine Learning and Computer Vision. This is a great opportunity to make a big impact at a company with a big mission. As one of the early members of the product team, you’ll have real ownership, autonomy and responsibility to drive products from concept through to completion.
The Director will be responsible for identifying user needs across external shopper facing technology as well as internal user interfaces that drive our computer vision development. Utilizing user insight and data, you’ll guide product strategy, roadmapping, functional requirements, product design and more.
You have a track record of shipping impactful products, an uncanny ability to work with cross-functional teams to motivate and excite, a natural affinity for understanding user needs, and the ability to analyze data to make effective decisions.
This position will report directly to the SVP of Product and Marketing.
What you'll be doing:
- User Understanding > deep dive on user experiences, pains and delights. Identify opportunities to improve user experience across touch points for both shoppers and internal Computer Vision Operational teams.
- Roadmap Strategy and Planning > Using data and insights, and by partnering with engineering managers, you’ll scope, prioritize and identify roadmaps across engineering teams.
- Feature Innovation & Development > Tackle new feature development by thinking end-to-end through user experience, solving both for the short-term impacts as well as long-term scalability. Create delightful UX that delivers on a features promise, optimizes for scalability and drives overall business impact. Deliver tight feature specifications to engineers that also excite and motivate.
- While initially an individual contributor role, the Director will have the opportunity to grow a team of Product Managers over time if interested.
What you should have:
- 7-10 years in product management working across multiple platforms including web and mobile
- Demonstrated success bringing new customer facing products to market by driving product requirements through an agile development process
- Great business acumen combined with systems thinking. You can see how impacting one lever in a complex marketplace affects many others
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to manage ambiguity
- You have expertise with data analysis, and you’re able to draw insights from complex data. Experience with Looker or SQL a plus
- You’re excellent at execution. You’ve worn Product Manager, Project Manager, and Quality Assurance hats whenever needed, even if those functions weren’t in your title.
- You love working with engineers and designers, and are eager to understand what you don’t know. A Computer Science and/or Machine Learning background is a plus but not required
- You have strong user empathy and intuition around usability/visual design
- Adept at presenting your ideas, concepts and business cases to senior management and clients
- You’re comfortable operating at a fast pace in an entrepreneurial environment. Prior experience at a startup a plus