Do you want to become part of a fast-growing Dutch scale-up in the sharing economy? Do you want to work with an international team of passionate people with a passion for travel? Then join our growing team! Be part of the leading motorhome sharing platform in Europe, and have a positive impact on how people spend their leisure time.
On our way to one million Goboony users, we are now looking for a Full-Stack Ruby on Rails Engineer.
We are looking for people who communicate well and are able to make important judgement calls in both tech and functionality. You like to break things down and prefer simple code over complexity.
About the job
What we offer
- Freedom is what we stand for. Freedom to develop your own ideas, freedom to show initiative, to take responsibility and to develop yourself.
- A responsible role in an ambitious team, at the forefront of our rapid growth.
- Remote working with top-notch tooling and our website with in-house development.
- A few camping-working trips with the team per year.
- A Macbook.
- A young and international team.
- Going on the road with our own Boonybus (Volkswagen T3 Camper).
- We don't count holiday days. We believe in responsibility for your work, your private life and a healthy combination of both. We recommend taking a minimum of 25 days. But you are free to organise your work and free time as you see fit.
- Plenty of opportunities for personal growth and development.
- You build robust, scalable applications to facilitate the growth of the Goboony.
- You improve and maintain code quality by writing tests, developer tooling and code reviews.
- You ensure that our tech stack is up-to-date and relevant.
- You will provide expertise and knowledge to the other teams in Goboony when working on new features.
Who are you
- You are an experienced full stack Ruby on Rails engineer.
- You are proactive and passionate, when you see something that needs fixing, you fix it, when something can be improved, you get started.
- You are curious, you want to know how things work and why they work that way.
- You have a great sense of responsibility.
- Your English is fluent both written as speech (Dutch would be a plus).
- You write software well: clean, consistently efficient and reusable.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Experienced in writing tests (RSpec or other).
- Asynchronous jobs (ActiveJob or other).
- Experience with performance optimisation (caching, debugging slow code, etc).
- Know git well
- Experience with applications running on Heroku.
- You have a feeling for UX / UI and ease of use.