GLIDE, a digital creative agency based in Austin, Texas is looking for a Digital Strategist. This role is remote and freelance / contract with potential to become full time.
ABOUT THE JOB
A curious visionary and critical thinker, our Digital Strategists are informed by data to see the big picture and develop creative and technical solutions, which reinforce lasting relationships with our clients. A Digital Strategist at GLIDE is an innovator, a forward-thinker and someone that is energized by autonomy who can connect digital UX to all other aspects of a client business and drive growth opportunities by directing the GLIDE team towards the highest-ROI activities.
- Research the latest digital tools and interactive trends, providing proactive recommendations.
- Engage with GLIDE clients, operations team, and leadership.
- Lead remote brainstorming sessions and help organize ideas into actionable solutions.
- Understand and integrate client digital assets including but not limited to marketing websites, SEM/SEO campaigns, and third party integrations.
- Raise client brand awareness; acting as brand ambassador to internal teams.
- Collaborate with clients on annual marketing campaigns.
- Translate client KPIs into integrated, cost-effective and actionable campaign strategies.
- Direct the GLIDE operations teams to implement client strategy as it relates to marketing services and design and development sprints.
- Write technical plans, user stories, and specifications that engineers can use to build something new.
- Measure and report on the efficiency and effectiveness of digital channels.
- Evaluate and implement quarterly improvements on digital strategy.
- Map out how digital assets will be continually optimized for business results.
- Help devise and lead client experience initiatives for identified key accounts that leads to a measurable improvement in delight.
- Act as client liaison and ensure that clients receive what they need and expect in close working relationship with GLIDE operations and support; this may include a bit of “account management” types of activities.
- Lead ongoing client meetings to review campaign performance.
- Develop and improve internal documentation and processes related to digital marketing deliverables.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE + KNOWLEDGE
- 6+ years of proven experience creating and executing website and digital marketing strategies
- Experience implementing UI/UX and technical strategic upgrades for WordPress websites
- Client management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, communication science or a similar field is a plus
- Google Analytics Certification is also a plus
Advanced knowledge of:
- A/B Testing
- Technical SEO Best Practices
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Human-Centered Design and User Experience Strategies
- Information Architecture and Advanced Content Strategy
- In Bound Marketing and Lead Generation Strategies for both B2B and B2C
- Google Tools – Google Analytics, Google Search Console & Google Tag Manager
Thorough knowledge of:
- Site speed, including Google Page Speed and Core Web Vitals
- SEO Tools – SEMRush, MOZ, AHrefs, Screaming Frog
- Structured data, including rich snippets, schema and validation tools
Working knowledge of:
- HTML & CSS
- Up and Coming Web Dev Technologies like Webflow and Headless WordPress
- Ecommerce platforms like Shopify, Woocommerce and Big Commerce
WHY WE’LL LOVE YOU
You say “Hell Yeah!” when reading our core values:
- Build meaningful relationships – You see every day as an opportunity to grow and inspire and celebrate others.
- Love what you do – You do it for the love of the craft and the process and because work excites you.
- Better every day – You’d rather live in the stretch zone than the comfort zone. Trying new things is the only way to grow.
- Deliver faithfully – You set clear and realistic expectations for yourself and others. Then you follow through.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE US
Here’s a few reasons we think you’ll love working at GLIDE:
- Purpose – Unrelenting focus on our core purpose to help people who help others
- Freedom – Freedom of time, location and work hours to balance your work/life
- People – Collaboration with kind-hearted, humble, and talented “A” players
- Remote – Work from anywhere, travel the world, be FREE to roam!
- Balance – We never ask people to work nights, weekends or holidays
- Growth – We encourage, recognize, and support employee career development
- Culture – Daily, weekly, quarterly and annual cultural activities
- Recognition – 628 encouraging Slack posts of specific recognition in 2020
- G-Labs – Core GLIDE initiative to collaborate, innovate and make a better world
- Strategy – We communicate big picture, annual and quarterly goals regularly
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
For almost 20 years, our desire to help people who help others remains true. For that reason, GLIDE has always sought to work with startups, nonprofits, and difference makers—all passionate, all wanting to do amazing things. It’s about giving great ideas and great organizations the exposure they deserve through delightful online digital experiences that are beautiful, useful, and produce lasting value.
We attribute our success and well-being to working with other passionate folks, choosing projects that everyone can rally behind and fanatically embracing open source platforms like WordPress. Whether it’s a nonprofit that distributes care boxes to cancer patients or a devilishly good taco maker, GLIDE has had the privilege and honor to work with truly beloved brands like Yeti Coolers, Torchy’s Tacos, iFLY, H.E. Butt Foundation, RetailMeNot, National Breast Cancer Foundation, WP Engine, and many more.
This position is part-time and hourly to start. Not to worry. The pay is competitive and what you’d expect for this role. We like to employ a crawl, walk, run approach. Start out with a project or two and let’s make sure we’re a good fit.
You’re free to work from anywhere anytime. If you’re outside of the US but can work at least 4+ hours in the US Central time zone from 9am-5pm (but not past midnight in your time zone, we want to encourage a healthy work-life balance), let’s talk. You should be fluent in English and have a strong wifi signal to support Zoom video chats with our team and clients.
We celebrate our diversity, of nationality, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, lifestyle, location, and more. We believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly encourage people of color, individuals who identify as LGBTQ+, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
No agencies or recruiters please.