Headquarters: London, UK
Must be located: +/- 4 hours GMT
Visit company website
View all Gleanin jobs
We’re looking for a Ruby on Rails developer to join our team. We work remotely and we’d love to hear from you if you’re looking for an exciting new challenge!
- We’re based in the UK but work remotely with team members in USA, Brazil and Australia
- We’re a profitable investor backed company in a big industry with big international clients
- 2m+ people go through our product a year - your work will make a big impact
You'll be working in a small team from day one, with a focus on delivering value on a daily basis. You'll own functionality from start to finish, from helping flesh out new features, through design, test and finally deploying your code to production.
Our tech team is small so you’ll need enthusiasm to learn and work across all product areas; from DevOps to front end. As part of a small team you’ll also get to influence our product and see your work immediately impacting our customers’ success and our business.
You will be joining a fully remote team, so strong written communication skills and self-motivation are a must, as is the desire to continually improve our development processes.
Contract rate: £2,500 / month
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ years of Ruby on Rails experience
- Desire to learn new skills
- Self motivated & organised
- Passionate about creating functional, tested, resilient software
- Remote working
- Be located +/- 4 hours of GMT
- You will be joining a small, fully remote team, so strong spoken & written communication skills (English) and self-motivation are a must, as is the desire to bring best practices and process improvements into our organisation
Additional experience that would be beneficial
- Know your way around AWS
- Agile development workflow, including pull request & code review.
- Test Driven Development
- Knowledge of relational databases (MySQL)
- Performance optimisation
What happens next?
Please send your CV & why you’d like to work with us to email@example.com (no agencies, please).
We’ll let you know if we’d like a video call to get to know you and after that we’ll invite a shortlist of applicants to perform a short online test. The last step will be an informal chat with the rest of the team.
Gleanin’s attendee acquisition platform helps exhibition organisers get more people to their events and create a more networked community. We care deeply about our customers’ success and believe that their success is ours.
We work fully remote and use technology to help organise and communicate what we’re working on. We have a regular weekly hangout and monthly get together for those in the UK - because it’s good to talk :)
Please ensure you meet geographic and skills requirements before applying.