Time zones: PST (UTC -8)
Become an integral member of a busy, and collaborative team dedicated to administratively supporting scientists and scientific research. Gladstone Institutes, a nonprofit biomedical research institute located in San Francisco, CA, is seeking a responsible, resourceful, and team-oriented individual to join its Communications and People Services Teams as an Internal Communications Specialist.
The Internal Communications Specialist will work under the direction and supervision of the Vice President of Communications and Vice President of People Services. The person in this position will be responsible for planning and overseeing various internal communication activities while adhering to Gladstone’s core values. You will be a key member of the Gladstone Team producing a broad range of internal communication functions, collaborating across the entire organization on various department communication needs.This position requires the ability to: prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines; interface with various stakeholders; listen and anticipate needs, and exercise strong project management skills.
Contract work that may lead to a full-time, permanent position. After return to work, candidate will be required to spend 2-3 days a week onsite working.
A Successful Candidate Will:
- Spearhead the development of Gladstone’s new internal community strategy.
- Create content to help bolster Gladstone’s communications and keep the community engaged and informed.
- Revamp the orientation and onboarding process to better inspire and educate new Gladstonians.
- Lead the revamp of People Services materials, including the employee handbook, benefits pages on Gladstone’s intranet, brochures, and other digital and print material.
- Review all internal communication channels—message boards, newsletters, and email campaign communications—and identify ways to streamline.
- Implement mechanisms to inform leadership of employee satisfaction and identify issues early for intervention
- Write internal email drafts for Communications, People Services, the President, COO, and other departments as needed.
- Write and organize internal weekly and monthly newsletters and email campaigns.
- Liaise with community groups and other departments to coordinate communication needs.
- Develop a best practices documentation to guide internal communications, training new employees on internal policies, procedures and templates.
- Audit Gladstone’s Intranet and set up a web governance schedule for the intranet.
Who You Are:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management abilities
- Multitask a myriad of projects at once, pushing all forward simultaneously
- Effective at communicating regular status updates on work products and projects
- Ability to influence stakeholders through collaboration and strong leadership skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment on a variety of assignments
- Strong attention to detail and ability to produce high quality, polished projects
- Technology savvy, including the ability to easily learn and adapt to new systems
- Understanding of Google Suite for Business including use of Google Drive
- Gladstone uses Asana, Dropbox, and Slack to collaborate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field
- Experience working with People Services materials and collateral with a general understanding of employee benefits
- 5+ years of internal communication experience