Data Engineer (Remote)
Must be located: Europe
View all GetTechTalent GmbH jobs →
At GetTechTalent we give companies access to top-notch freelance developers, digital consultants, founders, and technology experts. As trusted advisors, we consult companies on how to build new digital businesses, how to create and expand markets, and how to develop new technologies that benefit millions of people across the globe.
We are looking for you to join one of our project at an eCommerce startup, based in Berlin. You are someone who’s working proactively, is customer-focused, and has a can-do attitude. You understand what it takes to reliably deliver professional services, you have a high level of self-motivation, the ability to take own initiatives, and the ownership of your work. Moreover, you have strong social and communication skills and consider integrity, trustworthiness and persistence part of your core values. With us, you’ll solve problems both independently and in teams. You pay attention to detail and have outstanding organisational skills. Furthermore, you can multitask, prioritize, be pragmatic where needed and don’t settle until your job is done in time and quality.
With GetTechTalent you gain the freedom of being a freelancer while belonging to a large and strong organisation. You'll get access to exciting (remote) projects from renown European startups and corporates as well as to a fast growing and collaborative community of peers. Beyond that, we support you to become a real freelance pro, we help you to build your personal brand (e.g. by publishing you in our blog) and we take care of all the admin work. Beyond that, you can join exclusive tech events in Berlin and Europe.
As a Data Engineer, you'll use your skills to ...
- Translate data into actionable insights, reports, and visuals.
- Consult customers on (technical) feasibility of their reporting requirements
- Build scalable, highly performant infrastructure for delivering clear business insights from a variety of raw data sources.
- Build and optimize data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Extract, transform, load, merge, analyse and visualize data across various sources.
- Perform root cause analysis to answer business questions and identify opportunities improvement.
- Define, deliver and continuously optimize reports and visuals to maximize business insights.
You will need ...
- Bachelor degree or higher
- 3+ years of experience in Data Engineering, Data Analytics, or a related field
- Experience with ETL processes (e.g., using AWS Stitch Data)
- Full proficiency with SQL and NoSQL across various databases
- Full proficiency with MS Power BI, Qlik Sense, Tableau, or a related solution
- Solid business acumen and understanding of industry KPIs (e.g., in eCommerce)
- Working experience with cloud infrastructures (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud, Azure) is a big plus
- Working experience with Python, R, .NET, Matlab are a big plus
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience in working remotely and with B2B contracts
- Willingness to contribute to the GetTechTalent community
Apply for this position
Please apply here: https://gettechtalent.recruitee.com/o/data-engineer-remote