Senior Software Engineer
Must be located: USA
Visit company website
View all General Assembly jobs
- Capable of end-to-end problem solving; accurately debugging problems quickly.
- Finds common ground quickly and solves problems and provides feedback.
- Capable of guiding and directing junior staff on a project. Respected as a senior team member in guiding technical direction.
- Deep object-oriented programming knowledge and ability.
- Follows established patterns and approaches within existing code bases with ease.
- Exemplifies professional team and organizational standards. Helps set and maintain professional standards for the team.
- Writes code with good test coverage; knows the best way to approach testing in all scenarios beyond the 'happy path'. Expected to know and be able to practice TDD.
- Senior-level knowledge of system-level tooling. Capable of more advanced development tool workflows for local and production system debugging.
- Understands fundamental concepts of systems development life cycle (SDLC), and is responsible for adherence to all practical aspects.
- Should be aware of the business value in work being done. Able to prioritize own work when given business value context.
- Responsible for maintaining and evangelizing professional standards and technical strategy for your team.
- Drives and creates work for existing and forthcoming projects, and be able to deliver project goals and tasks to other engineers. Analyzes requirements to determine the feasibility of design options within time and cost constraints.
- Assures adherence to best practices and department processes around system maintainability and health.
- Provides front-line support, and shares responsibility for 24/7 uptime of all services the team provides.
- Is responsible for understanding which operations affect the scope of the budget and operate within a budget.
- Is expected to be able to provide input on changes that affect the budget. Solid understanding of software capitalization and is expected to be able to provide input as it relates to engineering efforts.
- Remote / flexible working hours
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Generous parental leave
- Annual Education Allowance
- Gym Allowance
- Apple MacBook Pro + External Monitor
Who can apply?
You are living in or willing to self-relocate to...
- The USA in any of these states: CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IL, KS, MA, NY, NC, TX, VA and/or WA
Please ensure you meet geographic and skills requirements before applying.