What is G2i?
G2i is a hiring platform for engineers by engineers. Our vision is for the hiring process to be simple, trustworthy and enjoyable for both companies and engineers. Our mission is to create a vetting process where:
- Engineers will vet other engineers
- Engineer vetting will be as close to on-the-job requirements as possible
- The vetting process will be objective, repeatable and quantitatively scored
- The process will be transparent. We will provide the engineer's code, our code review and technical interview notes in full to our clients.
G2i is short for "Good News to the Internet." In addition to being good news to engineers in the tech industry, we are on mission to help hundreds of street kids in Nairobi, Kenya obtain education, a safe home, parental care, and the love they need. We are also committed to supporting the open source community by finding ways to financially support those who build the OSS we rely on. G2i is looking for a creative and results-oriented professional to join the company and head its marketing efforts. G2i is one of the leading talent marketplaces for developers and companies focused on React, React Native, and Node.js – the most important technologies for mobile and web apps. We embrace and enable remote work. You can work from anywhere. Our team is based throughout the United States and the world, including South America, Europe and Africa.
What We're building
In order to fulfill our mission & vision we are building a two-sided marketplace that will allow companies to find pre-vetted engineers that can augment their teams on demand. We're investing in features such as a quantitative manual review code process, individualized company match scores and machine learning to automate more of these processes. To see more about how this position will support this mission watch this short video!
As G2i’s Marketing Manager, you’ll be responsible for creating strategies, overseeing budgets, and managing the day-to-day tactics that elevate the G2i brand, build visibility for the company and its offerings, communicate the organization’s point of view, generate leads, and enable the sales development and account management team to support the needs of G2i customers and prospects. You will have a direct impact on G2i’s sales pipeline. As we grow, you’ll also have the opportunity to build out the company’s marketing, growth, account management, and sales development teams.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker and detail oriented, capable of managing all the elements of online and offline marketing programs. Your efforts will help us reach and educate companies in marketing & advertising, education management, information technology, financial services, computer software and more. You’ll work alongside G2i leadership and members of the company’s growth, account management and sales development teams. You’ll set direction, manage OKRs & KPIs each quarter, and oversee contract resources to get the job done.
As marketing manager, you will be responsible for:
- Planning and orchestrating all marketing activities, including web, SEO, SEM/PPC, paid social, email, content, nurture campaigns, webinars and in-person event programs that educate, engage customers and prospects, and drive leads
- Owning the G2i brand, voice, tone, look, and feel and driving consistency throughout all media
- Weekly measuring and reporting performance of all marketing activities, and assessing them against goals
- Managing relationships consultants and contractors that support the company’s initiatives
- Preparing and monitoring the marketing budget on a continuous basis
- Driving our content marketing strategy and the production of high-value content offers and blog articles that increase site traffic, customer engagement, leads, sales and customer retention
- Maintain the martech stack inclusive of email marketing tools (especially HubSpot), web content management (via Webflow), landing page development, analytics, etc. Own customer and prospect databases
- Build email campaigns, landing pages and other programs that cultivate interest and engage customers
- Recommending and managing the delivery of virtual and live events and sponsorships
- Overseeing social media marketing. Maintaining our social media presence across all digital channels to increase awareness and build our community of developers
- Helping evolve our understanding of our customer base, maintain our ICP, develop target account lists in support of outbound and inbound marketing programs
- 4-6 years experience working in marketing within a B2B setting, preferably with a focus on human resources products and solutions
- Ability to think strategically, and develop annual and quarterly plans that support G2i’s growth objectives encompassing both online and offline marketing techniques
- Strong communicator both written and verbal, able to write and edit content of all types including blog posts, whitepapers, eBooks, emails, ads, webpages, etc.
- Solid project management abilities, able to coordinate internal and external resources across multiple programs simultaneously
- Proven experience in identifying target audiences and creatively building marketing campaigns that engage, educate, and motivate
- Solid knowledge of tools for website analytics (Google Analytics), email marketing (HubSpot & MailChimp), marketing automation & attribution (HubSpot & Salesforce), paid program management (Google Ads & LinkedIn Ads), and SEO (Ahrefs)
- Results oriented and analytical, able to establish measurable objectives and quantify the success of marketing programs (pipeline, ROI and other relevant KPIs)
- Up to date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Based in the United States
This role is perfect for you if:
- You are comfortable working remote and/or managing a remote team — We are a 100% remote first company.
- You value work life balance — you aren't encouraged to work weekends. We value our 40 hours work weeks.
We are not a good fit for you if:
- You are looking for a giant slow moving company. ****We're constantly experimenting, iterating and changing things.
- You are looking to specialize in some particular problem set. This role requires working in different contexts and problem sets. We need people that can adapt to the challenges thrown at them.
- You don't want to take on any work outside of your job description/comfort zone. We're a small company and sometimes we need all hands on deck for certain problems.