Headquarters: Spokane, Washington
Must be located: North America
View all Fuel Made jobs →
We're a growing remote team focused 100% on building the best ecommerce experiences on the web using Shopify. We're engaged in interesting projects for nationally recognized brands, rapidly growing ecommerce startups and lots of folks in between.
Leading out with strong design, a clean and friendly development process, and an attention to quality is how we have delighted our clients, and grown our agency. Our quality-driven approach has led to success, and opportunities we couldn’t have imagined.
Today, our clients are successful, established merchants with specialized shops and complex needs. The opportunity to service these clients is challenging and exciting.
We are seeking an experienced Shopify developer to join our team to help us continue this tradition, leading our clients (and our agency) into the future.
Why you might enjoy working with us:
- Freedom to really care about what you're doing (we're focused on quality)
- Freedom to work. We get out of your way and trust you to do what you do best.
- Freedom to own projects from a development standpoint
- Freedom to focus and get really good at what you do (we're focused 100% on ecommerce and the Shopify platform)
- We're selective about the clients we work with.
- Have digital agency experience
- 3+ years professional full time experience as a front end developer
- Experience building custom Shopify themes (beyond just modifying a theme).
- Deep knowledge of Shopify and Liquid.
- Deep appreciation for, and understanding of good web design. You don't need to be a designer, but you should "get it."
- Expertise in HTML/CSS/Sass/JS
- Familiar with OOCSS, SMACSS, or BEM
- Well versed in RWD techniques and mobile performance
- Comfortable with building front-end templates using JSON APIs
- Take pride in clean, readable code
- Live in North America.
Also, importantly -
- Desire to learn (curiosity)
- Passion for all things web
- Willingness to do things the right way (especially, late in the game when it's hard)
- Easy and enjoyable to work with
- Have obsessive attention to detail
- Communicate well in writing
- Backend full-stack dev experience.
The position: You’ll work with our designers who will provide design direction. You’ll typically be the sole developer on your projects, taking full ownership of a project from a development standpoint. We are craftsmen/women. This is a position where your attention to detail and desire to do things right will be encouraged and rewarded.
- Vacation: Two weeks paid vacation plus 7 paid holidays, and we also take off the week between Christmas and New Years.
- Remote work: Western North America is your office.
- Health insurance
- Yearly retreat: Each year we all gather as a team for a week somewhere fun to connect, learn, and have a lot of fun together.
*Location: You must be located in North America.
Apply for this position
Apply by filling out the application found here: https://cl.ly/94a348e6e7b7