Who We Are
Our company is called FRDM (pronounced free•dom), and we deliver enterprise-grade Software as a Service that’s transforming how businesses manage risk (like child labor) in their supply chain. We help our customers protect their values throughout their entire supplier network. Our customers are primarily Fortune 500 companies, but also include SMBs, investment funds, governments, NGOs, and academic institutions. We help companies comply with regulations and build brand loyalty with their customers. Our product is also embedded into procurement products of large ERP companies like SAP. We are building the world we want by helping our customers BUY BETTER.
We work extremely hard while remaining grounding on three key values:
Empathy: We value people who value people.
Intrepid: We are brave because we never default to the obvious.
Curiosity: We believe the best ideas are still out there.
One of the greatest indicators of a brand’s value is how it procures its goods and services. Social and environmental risks are embedded in every supply chain, from the Fortune 500 to the local coffee shop. Our FRDM platform helps businesses of any size and sector measure and mitigate risk, like child labor, from their supply chain. We measure risk across their entire supplier network, even down to raw materials. FRDM currently influences over $100B in B2B commerce, and we are just getting started. We are literally changing the world.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code, usually utilizing the Rails framework.
- Develop user-facing elements that are a primary input to our RoR applications.
- Integrate data from external sources, gathered both via API and DOM traversing.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Participate in architecture and refactoring work.
- Upskill team members
- High level knowledge of Ruby on Rails with a strong understanding of Rails fundamentals.
- Knowledge of common design patterns and how they can applied to Ruby and Rails.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Experience working with APIs, both integrating a third-party API and creating your own when necessary.
- Experience using SQL and SQL databases, going beyond interactions managed via ActiveRecord.
- REACT, Angular or other frameworks
- An understanding of source control, particularly git and Github.
- Experience writing automated tests.
To be Successful:
- Experience with Amazon AWS, particularly RDS and S3.
- Experience working in a team using Agile development and project management practices.
- A basic knowledge of CDNs and the role they fill, including edge computing capabilities.
- Ability to OWN your realm of responsibility.
- Ruby on Rails: 5 years (Required)
- APIs: 3 years (Required)
- CSS3: 3 years (Required)
- HTML5: 3 years (Required)
- SQL: 3 year (Required)