Technical Project Manager
Headquarters: Austin, TX
View all Four Kitchens jobs →
Are you a CMS-savvy project manager who is a great listener and thrives on driving complex projects to success? Do you love to collaborate and facilitate communication between technical and business people? Are you excited by data-driven and detail-oriented planning? We want you to join our team of talented strategists, project managers, and project owners!
The Technical Project Manager role is ideal for a self-starter and who takes their responsibility for a project’s holistic success very seriously. A Technical PM is part digital strategist, part project owner, part account manager, and part project manager. Yes, that is a lot of parts!
- Plan and monitor web projects for clients, resulting in on-time and on-budget delivery.
- Understand and manage the staffing needed to complete a complex, multi-phase project effectively.
- Lead project meetings based in the Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Meet regularly with clients to discuss their needs and project status, address how out of scope requests will be addressed, and to remove project impediments.
- Coordinate and facilitate the most effective set of touchpoints between client and development team to ensure efficiency, increase clarity, and resolve issues.
- Navigate tricky conversations with clients regarding potential budget and/or timeline compromises.
- Know enough about development tasks to help with prioritization and functional discussions.
- Some travel for onsite project kick-offs with clients.
- At least two years of project management experience working with large website projects.
- Proficiency in JIRA.
- Experience using the Agile/Scrum project management methodology.
- Experience in a client services environment supporting multiple clients and projects across different industries.
- Demonstrated initiative, follow-through, attention to detail, proactivity, and a proven history of delivering high-quality work.
- Comfort with being the direct client contact, negotiating with stakeholders, and building rapport.
- Desire to continually learn new technologies and processes and apply them where appropriate.
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for making really cool stuff for the web.
- Prior experience designing, theming, or developing for Drupal.
- Prior experience as a project manager developing Drupal or Wordpress websites.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. (Why preferred rather than required? Experience and passion are more important, and being a constant self-educator is essential.)
- Generous time off policy. We plan for each team member to take up to 25 days of time off annually. Take time when you need it and own your destiny!
- Paid holidays – including days such as MLK Day, 4K Founding Day, and a Winter Holiday (usually a full week).
- $2,000 annual professional development and education budget. This can be spent on conferences, seminars, classes — anything that advances your professional goals.
- 100% paid medical insurance for employee, including dental and vision.
- 100% paid life and disability insurance for employee.
- 3% Safe Harbor non-elective employer 401k contribution.
- $150/month tech stipend to spend on your home office and equipment needs.
- Flexible scheduling and working remotely.
- An excellent work environment filled with smart, funny people who love what they do.
About Four Kitchens
Four Kitchens is a leading digital strategy firm with strong roots in the open-source and free-culture communities. We build websites and apps to engage audiences on virtually any device, in our pursuit of setting knowledge free. We hire developers, designers, and strategists with strong consultative skills and a desire to make a difference, both to our clients and to each other.
Our Values and Culture
Our Web Chefs bring more than their professional skills to the kitchen and we encourage everyone to help guide the direction of our company. We all have a strong voice in what we do and how we do it. Collectively, our values—The Way Of the Web Chef—guide how we interact with each other, our colleagues, and our clients. Four Kitchens is not just a company — it's a closely knit team. We believe in the power of individuals coming together to do something bigger than they could have done alone.
We believe good talent is where you find it and, as a distributed team, we’re excited to be pioneers in what we believe is the future of work-culture. Even though we have no physical office, we strive to remain a collaborative community using tools like Slack and Zoom. The Web Chefs span four time zones and our goal is for team members to feel like they are working together in the same room, even if they're thousands of miles apart.
We care for our teammates as people, which is why we have a generous PTO policy, encourage time off, and have a great benefits package. Not only do we strive to maintain a good work-life balance, but we also participate in interesting and creative projects outside of client work to expand our abilities.
Include the following materials with your application:
- Cover letter. Tell us about which of our Core Values resonates with you the most and why!
Apply for this position
Visit our careers page to apply for this position.