Do you like having some creative freedom where your ideas can be easily discussed and implemented in a small and dynamic company? How about being able to have a high impact on a product with tens of millions of users? Do you like the possibilities offered by new cloud technologies, especially serverless? You’ve knocked at the right door.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Programmer to join our growing team! The Senior Programmer is responsible for the development of subsystems of a product across the stack. We expect you to help us take our products and our team to the next technical level and to teach us something we don’t know.
We’re a transparent organization. Important metrics and numbers are communicated to all team members. Decisions are discussed collaboratively, not behind closed doors. If you value being part of the discussions on how to shape the future of the product, by giving your input, weighing in and being heard, then you might just be happy to work with us.
You will report to the Lead Engineer and work closely with the Product and Support teams.
- Implementing substantial features, fixing bugs
- Writing technical specifications
- Proactively proposing code and performance improvements
- Helping set and maintain a high professional standard
Some examples projects that you could work on:
- Implementing new workflow features
- Implementing notification features
- Building an entirely new add-on
- Implementing an external-facing API
- Improving the billing system
- Improving our marketing website
- Improving performance of a specific component
Some examples of what we did in the last few months alone:
- Refactored the entire UI from static HTML and vanilla JS to React, opening up the stage for hot reloading and external components
- Moved the build and deployment to a CI/CD server, automating it
- Started adding Unit/Functional tests and incorporated them with the build process
- Completely refactored outdated code
- Added code styling tools
- Added different environments and steps for the development and testing processes
- Increased release frequency
- Created and deployed several features
- You care more about making reliable software used by many than a shiny unstable thing used by no one. You understand that engineering work is done first and foremost for the customers.
- You care a lot about performance, understand that speed and responsiveness is a core feature
- Fully capable of taking substantial features from concept to shipping as the sole programmer
- Deep expertise with at least one programming environment
- Generally full-stack, with definite front-end experience
- You’re a fan of spreadsheets and their programming paradigm
- You’re a team player
- Experience: 5-8 years as a professional programmer on SaaS products
- Cloud: you have experience with one of the 3 main cloud platforms. Bonus points for GCP and serverless experience
- Software engineering tools: you’ve worked with git and Jira, you’re familiar with front-end build tools, benchmarking, CI/CD and profiling tools
- Collaboration tools: comfortable with Gmail, Google Docs and Sheets, and Slack
- Language: fluent in English
- Writing: you enjoy writing, you care about words and grammar, you are sharp and thorough
Benefits (subject to change depending on where you live):
- A good compensation that gives you financial peace of mind, wherever you live
- Paid vacation
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid parental leave
How to apply:
We want to get a sense of how you think. To that end, please use your cover letter to share with us your take on the following questions:
- Tell us why you want this job, and why you’re interested in building Form Publisher
- Tell us about what you’ve built in the past, what where the tradeoffs, the challenges, and how you made your technology choices
- What’s inspired you lately? Tell us what you’re excited about in programming these days
- We value great writers, so take your time with the application. Stock cover letters won’t do.
Send us your cover letter and resume, plus any public profile or material you feel relevant to the email address indicated on WWR.
We will first ask you a few targeted questions to be answered by email so as to get acquainted with you in writing. If that goes well, we’ll send you a technical test. You’ll then move on to an interview with the Lead Engineer, then one with the CTO.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective, and we are always eager to further diversify our company. Awesome Table is committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career.