At Forestry.io, we’re helping people build a better web.
Our Senior Ruby/RoR Software Engineer’s mission is to help build a CMS for the next era of the web. If you’re aligned with our mission, enjoy solving complex problems, and like shipping features with a cross-functional team, this could be the perfect role for you.
We strive to create a workplace that enables mastery, autonomy, and purpose (from Daniel Pink’s work).
This is a remote role.
What You’ll Do
- Provide technical leadership for our Rails back-end
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, reliable, and well tested Ruby code
- Design and build database schemas and improvements
- Mentoring and code reviews
- Work on a cross-functional team, providing input to and helping out in areas beyond coding (helping define requirements, testing, technical documentation)
To Be Successful In This Role, You’ll Need
- A minimum of 5 years experience building and designing Rails applications
- To be driven by solving hard problems and taking ownership over development tasks
- To take initiative and suggest solutions and improvements
- A solid understanding and appreciation for writing good automated tests
- To be proficient in the English language, both written and verbal
Extra consideration will be given to candidates that:
- Have experience with static site generators
- Have experience with GraphQL backends
- Have a passion for the solving the needs of our users