Senior DevOps Engineer
Follow Up Boss
View all Follow Up Boss jobs →
Who Is Follow Up Boss?
- We’re a SaaS solution for real estate teams to better manage their leads.
- We’re a bootstrapped, profitable company started back in April of 2011
- We’re a remote company with a mostly US-based team
- We don’t just claim to be customer-centric - we live it: https://www.facebook.com/followupboss/reviews
Why Would You Want To Work Here?
- We’re a young, ambitious company who only answers to our customers
- Opportunity to have a big impact on our growth and your career
- No red tape or pointless meetings
- Competitive base salary, health/dental insurance and 20 days paid holiday
This Role Is For You If…
- You would describe yourself as patient, empathetic and having a good sense of humour
- You’re independent, self-motivated and can stay efficient and productive without someone looking over your shoulder all day long
- Superb written and verbal skills (with a professional yet fun demeanor).
- Self motivated and proactive mindset.
- Remote work experience is considered an asset.
- Based in the USA, quiet home office with fast internet.
- Strong experience with configuration and infrastructure automation using tools like docker, chef, puppet, or similar.
- Well versed in using and managing various Amazon Web Services offerings. We use services such as RDS, EC2, Route 53, S3, Redshift, ElastiCache and more.
- Strong knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, PHP, Python, Perl)
- Strong knowledge of relational databases (we use Aurora and PostgreSQL)
- Strong knowledge of unix and networking.
- Proven track record of being security conscious.
- Has the ability to cross into the application development side as necessary.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Share ownership and responsibility for the infrastructure, reliability, scalability and performance of our applications and services.
- You will be our first DevOps hire, you will be relied on to lead infrastructure efforts and help lay a foundation we can continue to grow with.
- Actively measures and monitors systems.
- Actively troubleshoots issues with the infrastructure and services.
- Press us forward with more automation and tooling to support our customer growth and engineering team effectiveness.
- Mentor other team members.
- Monthly customer hero day (spend a day on the front lines once per month to truly understand our customers)
30 Day Targets:
- Become familiar with the infrastructure, product architecture and existing tools
- Pair with all engineers to gain knowledge about the system and how we work
- Improve the new hire onboarding process, by being a part of it
60 Day Targets:
- Determine key metrics not measured, setup monitoring and alerting for them
- Identify top infrastructure problems, develop a plan to address them
- Take over the responsibility of applying security updates to servers
90 Day Targets:
- Implement DB backups outside AWS
- Implement a robust plan to handle outages
Our Core Engineering Values
- Code Quality
- Focus and Prioritization
- Customer Driven
- Leadership Qualities
If this sounds like a great fit we would love to hear from you.
We're not accepting applications from agencies.
Apply for this position
Apply here https://grnh.se/t58iu6x81