About the job
As Lead Designer at Follow Up Boss, you will be 100% customer focused, in understanding their needs and problems, in an effort to provide elegant and simple solutions that delight our customers. You'll create products that are not only amazing to look at, but intuitive, simple, and help our customers achieve their goals every day. You will protect the UX/UI quality as we develop the product to ensure we deliver a referable experience to every customer. You will own and collaborate in creating and driving the creative vision at Follow Up Boss.
- Senior contributor, expects to do actual design work.
- Creative leader who excels in communicating visually, verbally and in the written word.
- Track record for having deep understanding of SaaS products, their customers, and complex problems.
- Ability to clearly articulate UX/UI decisions and why they are best for a given problem.
- Doesn't fall in love with particular solutions, but rather the problems and understanding them well.
- You would describe yourself as patient, empathetic and having a good sense of humor.
- You’re independent, self-motivated and can stay efficient and productive without someone looking over your shoulder all day long.
- Experience working primarily in a remote setting.
- Self motivated and proactive mindset.
- Remote work experience is required.
- Based in the USA, with a quiet home office with fast internet.
- 10+ years of UX/UI design experience, preferably with SaaS products.
- Strong experience leading or managing a design team.
- You will start off being the primary contributor, translating requirements into low and high fidelity solutions for the engineering and product teams.
- Strong experience achieving a holistic design vision for a SaaS product and brand.
- Strong experience in planning, documenting, and leading design and research projects and achieving good outcomes.
- Deep experience with UX best practices and research.
- Deep experience with UI best practices.
- Highly proficient in modern design/prototyping tools (e.g. Figma)
- Strong written communication
- You will be the starting as the sole internal designer. You will be primarily serving as the main contributor.
- Manage outside designers we are currently leveraging to assist with execution
- Help hire and onboard talented staff as we seek to build a design team internally.
- Lead creative pitches and build design language.
- Work with key stakeholders to define creative vision and direction.
- Review existing design systems and processes to identify problems and improvements.
- Create and improve upon a range of design artifacts, such as creative pitches, high fidelity mock-ups, style guides, UI kits and prototypes.
- Solve complex user and business problems using design thinking.
- Ensure the quality and consistency of the product and design decisions.
- Work with product and engineering to foster innovation, ensure feasibility and fidelity of implementation.
- Coach and mentor other staff members.
In the first 90 days, your goal is to lay a good foundation of understanding as to how our product and team work here at Follow Up Boss. Additionally you will immediately start contributing to improving design within ongoing and upcoming projects.
- Why customers hire us: Learn the core needs and problems we solve for our customers as well as what our existing competitors we compete with.
- Team relationships: Get to know the people and teams here at Follow Up Boss. This includes pairing with our Success, Support, and Sales team on customer calls as well as virtually meeting everyone else here.
- Understand how we work: Get to know the processes on how we build product & operationally support it here at Follow Up Boss. This includes working with Success & Support teams in identifying insights and triaging issues as well as working with the Shapeup framework to build, test & deliver Product with Engineering.
- Get your hands dirty with more immediate design needs. Some examples include: appointment scheduler UX/UI for desktop and mobile; improving texting UX/UI in the mobile apps; rethinking the UX/UI of our reporting screens.
- Ensure the quality of design: Be part of design review process to ensure the implementations by engineering are up to a first class bar.
- Collaborate with the team in research and design phases of key product and marketing initiatives.
- Start identifying the design gaps in our product.
- Continued execution for design needs for the product.
- Start prioritizing the over arching design needs in our product and marketing.
- Start to formulate a more holistic design vision for our mobile apps.
- Continued execution for design needs for the product
What do we offer?
- 🏝 Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like!
- 💰 Competitive salary: Our career framework pays in the top 10% no matter where you live.
- 👩🏾⚕️ Insurance: Company paid health, dental & vision insurance for all of our team members and their families.
- 🍼 Family leave: generous family leave - fully paid!
- 💻 Home office setup: Get a Macbook Pro + $1000 to set up your home office.
- 👩🏻🏫 Personal development stipend: $1000 per year to focus on bettering yourself.
- 🤑 401(k): With 6% company match!
- ✈️ Retreats: Join us for company get-togethers every year!
- ☕️ Co-working stipend: Get some extra cash for a co-working space or a coffee shop work.
- 📚 Free books and Kindle: Get a free Kindle and all the free books - digital and audio - you like, anytime.
- 💪 Gym: Monthly stipend to keep you active and feeling good.
- ☕️ Money each month to spend on caffeine.
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Lead Designer? Then we'd love to hear about you!