Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
, ART (UTC -3)
, UTC -4
, UTC -4:30
, UTC -3
, UTC -2
, SBT (UTC +11)
, GMT (UTC +0)
, CET (UTC +1)
, EET (UTC +2)
, MSK (UTC +3)
, AST (UTC -4)
, FKST (UTC -3)
, NST (UTC -3:30)
We’re hiring a mid-level Laravel engineer to work on our web and mobile applications. These applications are the way that thousands of creative people around the world find great music and inspiring clips for use in their projects and campaigns.
FM is the parent company of Musicbed and Filmsupply, two premium content licensing brands in the filmmaking industry. We represent an elite roster of musicians and filmmakers and place their work in movies, shows, ads, short films, and more.
Headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, we work with entertainment powerhouses like Sony Pictures, 20th Century Fox, Lionsgate, Netflix, MTV, and ESPN; as well as the world’s top brands like Nike, Apple, Google, Lamborghini, and Spotify.
As part of the Engineering team, your time will be spent collaborating with other engineers and clients. You will be involved in the full development life-cycle for new and existing products. The ideal candidate loves tinkering with cutting edge technology and has at least 2 years solid experience working with PHP and Laravel. You will be able to code out features in PHP, create quality pull requests and help our team stay current with best industry practices.
Although Laravel is the core competency for this position, we work with a variety of AWS technologies, as well as with Elasticsearch, Redis, Memcached, payment gateways, multiple API integrations, and a whole lot more. We take pride in our work and follow best industry practices in everything we do.
We have a very relaxed working environment, flexible working hours and a super friendly team. You will learn tons of new things and be exposed to lots of new technologies. We’re after individuals that are curious about the possibility of technology, are eager to learn, and are diligent and kind. Our teams work well because we place trust in them to succeed. We believe in healthy debate and that great ideas can come from anybody. As such, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to add your own input in our software.
The engineering team has a remote-first culture. As such, you will be comfortable working remotely, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to manage your own time.
This is an excellent opportunity to move your career forward and be part of an amazing team.
Requirements and Skills
- At least 2 years solid experience with PHP (preferably Laravel)
- Good understanding of relational databases (MySQL / Postgres)
- API driven development
- Git + GitHub knowledge
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to write unit and acceptance tests
A Great Candidate Will Have
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Desire to work in a team-centered, collaborative environment
- High professional standards - strong motivation for individual and organization success
- Strong work ethic, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Some server admin (Ubuntu, ngninx, Forge, Envoyer, Docker, AWS) experience
- Some unit / integration / acceptance testing experience
- Some Elasticsearch, Redis, Memcache experience