Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, ART (UTC -3)
, UTC -4
, UTC -4:30
, UTC -3
, UTC -2
, GMT (UTC +0)
, CET (UTC +1)
, EET (UTC +2)
, MSK (UTC +3)
, CEST (UTC +2)
, BST (UTC +1)
, CVT (UTC -1)
, WAT (UTC +1)
, SAST (UTC +2)
, EAT (UTC +3)
We’re hiring a mid level QA Engineer to work on our web applications. These web applications are the way that thousands of creative people around the world find great music and inspiring clips for use in their projects and campaigns.
FM is the parent company of Musicbed and Filmsupply, two premium content licensing brands in the filmmaking industry. We represent an elite roster of musicians and filmmakers and place their work in movies, shows, ads, short films, and more.
Headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, we work with entertainment powerhouses like Sony Pictures, 20th Century Fox, Lionsgate, Netflix, MTV, and ESPN; as well as the world’s top brands like Nike, Apple, Google, Lamborghini, and Spotify.
As part of the Engineering team, you will be responsible for strengthening the quality, robustness, and performance of our web products. You will work closely with other QA Engineers, as well as collaborate with frontend engineers, backend engineers and product managers to help bring our products to life.
You will gain a deep understanding of our products and business objectives so that you can help enhance our testing environment. To do this, you will be able to decompose user stories and requirements to create a solid test suite in an Agile environment.
Here are some example projects that we have worked on recently:
- Enhance our QA environment to create parity with Production and ensure that the automated suite runs regularly.
- Create an automated test case in Cypress for new search filter functionality and verify the associated API endpoint.
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams to deliver a high-quality campaign site in a short period of time.
The engineering team has a remote-first culture. As such, you will be comfortable working remotely, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to manage your own time.
We’re after individuals that are curious about the possibility of technology, are eager to learn, and are diligent and kind. Our teams work well because we place trust in them to succeed. We believe in healthy debate and that great ideas can come from anybody. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to add your own input in our software.
Experience and Skills:
- 2+ experience in a QA role, with exposure to end-to-end testing, regression, and automated testing
- The ability to create and leverage mocks, stubs, and virtual services to fulfill test automation requirements
- ISTQB Foundation Level Certification or equivalent a plus
- Comfortable working in a fully remote, asynchronous team
A Great Candidate Will Have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Desire to work in a team-centered, collaborative environment
- Demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills
- Ease in giving and receiving feedback
- High professional standards - strong motivation for individual and organization success
- Strong work ethic, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules