FloatMe is looking for an enthusiastic Sr. Backend Engineer to join our growing software development team. You will report to the Director of Software Engineering and assist with all functions of software development and design. As a Sr. Engineer, you will be responsible for mentoring junior software developers ensuring they follow best practices and design patterns.
- Position is remote friendly for candidates living in North and South America
- We are currently unable to do Visa sponsorship for this role.
- Golang experience is required
- Code! You'll help take ideas from inception to production.
- Teach - You will be joining a startup going through its most exciting phase. You will spend time improving the codebase and improving the coding skills of others.
- Design - You will lead the Development team through all aspects of software design, documentation, and implementation.
- Test - You will be responsible for enhancing our suite of integration and unit tests, ensuring that our key components have adequate coverage.
- Culture - You will work with a fast-paced team, building products you care about, all while having fun and creating a culture of collaboration.
Our tech stack:
- AWS SQS, S3, Lambda (Golang), RDS, API Gateway, Cloudformation/Terraform
- Git - Github/Github Action
- 7+ years of backend software engineering experience
- 3-5 years experience developing distributed applications in Golang
- Have experience in designing, deploying, and monitoring a highly scalable environment
- Ability to effectively write Golang using industry standards and best practices.
- Security mindset
- Experience with CI/CD development environment
- Experience leading a team of developers working in an agile environment
Nice To Have
- Experience in Fintech or Financial Services applications
- Experience developing distributed applications in Golang
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) (Terraform/Cloudformation)
- Experience with NoSQL/Key Value Stores
- Experience with Github Actions