Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
Remote: US only
Who We Are
FlexJobs focuses on helping people find the best remote and flexible jobs in an easier, safer, and faster way. We’ve been the leader in this space for over 15 years and, from day one, have been committed to serving all of our people -- clients, partners, and staff -- with integrity, intelligence, balance, communication, and care.
This is a 100% remote job, as our entire team works remotely from locations across the United States. Having a great company culture is essential to us, and we’ve been named a Quartz
Best Companies for Remote Workers (2021), Outside
magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019), and Best Company Culture by Entrepreneur
magazine (2018, 2017, and 2015). To learn more about our culture and our current team, you can visit our Careers
and Team & Culture
Responsibilities of the Job: The Opportunity
We’re looking for an exceptional software engineer to join our engineering team. As an engineer at FlexJobs, you’ll work on challenging projects in collaboration with our Product and Quality Assurance teams to build, release, and maintain features for our user base.
Our team moves quickly, and the ideal candidate will be comfortable working independently and at a fast pace while also adept at collaborating in a 100% remote environment. You are curious and enthusiastic about using technology to solve problems and elevate the site experience. You have a natural talent and enjoyment for influencing other people in the way you work. You are a positive and supportive member of the team.
Who You Are
- 7-10 years building and maintaining high-volume, high-traffic, consumer-facing, data-driven web applications
- Solid command of modern development tooling and methodologies (Command-Line, Git, Docker, Kubernetes AWS, Config Over Code, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, ScrumBan)
- Proven track record of delivering shippable code despite typical challenges of varying pace, scope-creep, and shifting priorities
- A genuine excitement for technology with a strong desire to learn and innovate
Traits Required of All Team Members
- A sense of pride in your work
- A belief that the details matter...a lot
- Embrace integrity and good business ethics at all times
- Being proactive when it comes to asking questions, brainstorming, and working with colleagues
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- An appreciation and enthusiasm for the ability to work remotely
- Interest in a long-term position with a company that you’re proud to be a part of
- A fully functioning home office, including high-speed internet access and a fast computer
- A work environment that is quiet and one in which you can focus without distractions
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- SIMPLE IRA with company match
- Flexible schedules and a generous time-off policy
- Ability to work remotely
- Pay it Forward initiative (get paid to volunteer!)
- We offer many other supplemental benefits (critical illness, legal, etc.) and stipends (office, wellness, professional development)
- Minimum salary is $120,000; offer will be based on several factors, including specific experience and skill
We respond to all applicants, so please check your spam folder or configure your email settings to set our email as safe to ensure you are getting our communications.
If you are selected to move forward, you may be required to do a background check.
FlexJobs is registered as an employer in many but not all states. Residency in a state we are registered in is required to be considered for employment with us.
Knowing that our people are our greatest resource, FlexJobs is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in diversity, inclusion, and equality for everyone. We acknowledge there is always learning to be done and improvements to be made. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees. As a part of this commitment, we have pledged to be an Open to All business.
FlexJobs is also a veteran- and military spouse-friendly employer. Our positions are perfectly structured for qualified candidates who meet this criterion, and we have a workplace culture that supports their work and life.