Flexiple is an exclusive network of top freelance developers & designers. We help startups & companies achieve their product goals by being the smartest & quickest way to scale their tech teams.
The role is with one of Flexiple’s US-based clients - an API-first, UI agnostic, end-to-end provider network management platform for credentialing, monitoring, licensing, provider health plan enrollment, and provider sourcing. They’re an early-stage startup backed by top-tier VC funds and are looking to rapidly expand our footprint in the provider data space.
We’re looking for an empathetic and thoughtful designer who can design easy-to-use user experiences across our product portfolio. This role focuses on hands-on execution. You will work closely with the end users, product, and engineering to conduct user research, interviews, and usability studies, translating findings into wireframes and prototypes to make the user experience delightful.
Who you are:
• You’re an all-rounder who can solve problems in several areas including UX research, interaction design, to visual details.
• You’re a systems thinker who understands how your design decisions affect the entire platform and business and you think in terms of design systems and not individual screens or components.
• You take up a well-rounded approach to think of all use cases and edge cases and should be curious to ask questions and understand the why.
• You are open to taking in ideas, whether it’s from the users or your teammates.
• You champion design quality and product-wide visual consistency
What you'll do:
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive the design process.
• You will handle the design and prototype of multiple ideas and iterations quickly, and regularly connect with users to evaluate product directions.
• You’ll conduct research to identify and solve user, product, and business problems and refine design requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers to arrive at the best design solutions.
•You will deliver high-quality, polished, and easy-to-use designs.
What you Bring:
• 3+ years of relevant product design experience in a tech company
• Experience with web OR mobile app design
• Working knowledge of the ideation and creation of UI design deliverables: Research, sitemaps, user flows, wireframes, lo-fi and hi-fi layouts, and prototypes.
• Working knowledge of responsive design and grid principles
• Strong typography, layout, and visual design skills
• Working knowledge of standard industry tools like Figma, Whimsical, Miro, Illustrator (optional), etc.
• Experience building/ maintaining a scalable design system in Figma
• Ability to perform in a fast-paced design process under minimal supervision
• Commitment to supporting a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ownership mindset
Who you will work with:
Reporting to the Vice President of Product and working with the engineering team (5 members and growing), as the first designer, you’ll foster productive relationships with partners across the organization including Product, Engineering Operations, Sales, and Marketing.
There are similar other companies as well who are looking for quality designers from the Flexiple freelancer community. Recently, we have worked with -
- A UAE-based startup scaling an e-commerce store for eyewear
- A global remote team building a new product to complement their existing 10-year-old product competing with Twilio