Are you an experienced accounting expert looking to become a star individual contributor to an all-remote team?
If so, we’d like you to learn about Files.com!
We are looking to hire an experienced individual to lead our financial operations, including corporate accounting, financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development and maintenance of internal controls.
We are optimistic that for the right individual, the Controller job duties will account for only 20 hours per week on average, and you’ll be able to spend the rest of your time as an integral part of our senior management team, taking on additional projects to grow and improve our business. For example, we are planning to execute one or more major acquisitions over the next year, and there will be opportunities to work on those deals.
About The Role
This is a hands-on position. As Controller, you will own the financial and accounting processes of the Company from top to bottom, including:
- Managing the accounting operations of the Company, including Revenue Recognition, A/P, A/R, and our monthly books closing process
- Conducting the monthly books closing process and preparing and publishing monthly financial statements
- Maintaining the budget and financial forecasts
- Developing and improving internal controls and policies and procedures
- Serving as primary point of contact to our auditors and tax advisors
- Filing monthly sales tax returns in states where we collect sales tax
This position reports directly to our CEO and COO.
Our existing processes are built on Excel and Quickbooks Online. While we would entertain replatforming to Netsuite or Sage/Intacct in the future, we would like someone who is comfortable with our current platforms.
As we said above, we hope that for the right individual, you will have additional bandwidth to take on other projects in addition to the above duties. We are planning to execute one or more major acquisitions over the next year, and we would love to be able to have you play a major role in that process.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- Proficiency in Excel, Quickbooks Online, and other financial management software
- Experience working with SaaS financials, including revenue recognition
- Experience having written VBA for Excel or building other automation tools, such as having worked with the Quickbooks Online API, .IIF files, .QBO files, etc. is a strong plus.
- Specific experience with Quickbooks Online
- CPA or CMA
- Experience working on a remote team.