Product Associate at Factora
Skills: Tech-savvy, detail-oriented, entrepreneurial-minded
Location: North America
Are you confident in your ability to navigate different tech platforms and stay on top of lots of moving pieces? If you’re motivated to build and manage online products that transform women’s financial futures, keep reading…
WHAT WE DO
Factora is a small (but mighty!) female-led company on a mission to lead 1 million women to $1 million in net worth. We teach repeatable steps to build wealth through our beautifully-designed, community-centered, “mini Masters” in personal finance, called the Wealth Circle. We also get women talking about money—through our Coffee & Coin podcast, events, emails, and Instagram—because talking leads to doing.
We are not your average company—we always make sure our team members have plenty of freedom and flexibility to live their best lives, recharge, and have fun on this journey together.
Women make 85% of all consumer purchasing decisions...and yet, only 8% of us are investing. Women miss out on millions of dollars over a course of a lifetime due to this investment gap. More female millionaires mean more chances to be the change we want to see in the world. That’s why we took things into our own hands.
Working at Factora means working on your own time (we don’t have hundreds of meetings but we do have hard deadlines), a flexible vacation policy, and taking the months of June and December to work fully remote from wherever you choose. It also means getting the chance to make a real difference in the world: helping thousands of women take charge of their money, become wealthier, and build the lives they’ve always wanted.
- Be the first hire under our Head of Product, who is responsible for running our online courses, membership program, and tech platforms.
- Become part of a fast-paced company that’s revolutionizing women’s finances.
- Have a hand in shaping the future of an early-stage business.
- 40 hour/week contract role with the opportunity to become a salaried employee
- Requires a mix of work-from-home as well as virtual and in-person collaboration in Austin, TX
- Oversee and support all technology needs for Factora’s online courses, monthly membership, and referral program
- Own and manage Factora’s course platform, including content organization, tags, automations, and integrations
- Define needs for new product strategies, tools, systems, and processes
- Lead product-related platform shifts & optimization
- Manage Factora’s course payment system
- Operate and facilitate live courses, webinars, and membership calls during work hours and occasionally during the evenings.
- Create copy to be used within the product and review product copy for promotional use
- Assist with additional miscellaneous tasks as needed
WHO THIS JOB IS FOR
- A self-starter who is entrepreneurial, innovative, and fearlessly committed to creating solutions.
- A visionary who is comfortable with the unpredictability and limited resources of an early-stage startup.
- A leader who takes full ownership of their role and is confident in their ability to finish a project without much hand-holding.
- A detail-focused creator who will tweak and tweak and tweak to ensure all product materials are flawless before they are distributed.
- A great communicator who is willing to speak up when she disagrees or doesn’t understand the task at hand.
- A tech-savvy guru (experience with Kajabi, Zoom, Zapier, Slack, and Asana is a plus!) who is ruthlessly organized.
- A mission-driven human who is interested in personal finance and helping other women succeed.
WHO THIS JOB IS NOT FOR
- Those that need a lot of direction and structure to complete a project.
- Those that don’t adapt well to change.
- Those that have a hard time hitting tight deadlines.
, a former New York City fashion turned finance professional. After college I followed a pretty typical route many women experience and spent the first decade of my career being overworked and underpaid. After years of struggling financially, I learned the hard way how to negotiate my salary, and eventually did it so well I became a salary negotiation coach to help other women advocate for their earning potential too.
Suddenly I was making A LOT more money but I was also starting to spend A LOT more money and acquiring lifestyle debt. How could this be?! I realized that despite making more I didn’t understand how to save or invest my income. I tried talking to friends and colleagues but it seemed everyone was having the same issues and were too scared to talk about it.
Therein began my financial revolution to where I am today. I dove head-first into learning as much as I could about personal finance and investing. After a few years, I uprooted my life to Austin, TX to accelerate my wealth building goals. Soon thereafter I would galvanize a community of women who were also interested in becoming financially-savvy and Factora was born.
Three years later, I’m the CEO of the fastest growing women’s wealth-building network in the US, with a small but mighty team of incredible people by my side. Factora has over 400 customers, 3K monthly podcast downloads, 5K Instagram followers, and is on pace to double all these metrics by the end of 2021.
If this sounds like the right challenge for you, our team hopes to hear from you.
- Use this link to submit your application
- Be prepared to upload an interest letter + your resume.
- In your interest letter, explain in less than 500 words 1) Why you want to work at Factora and 2) Why you’d be the best fit for this role.
- Please submit your interest letter and resume as one combined pdf document, with the interest letter as the first page.
- Please name the file in this format: FirstName_LastName_JobTitle