Reports to: Content Marketing Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Start Date: ASAP
Who we are:
Fabric is a new commerce platform that gives brands and retailers tools to create Amazon-grade shopping experiences. We champion a unique, harmonious way of doing business that emphasizes connectedness and collaboration over competition and dominance. We showcase this in our products, which rely on microservices, APIs, and easy integrations, and in our globally distributed team that genuinely cares about its customers. Our founders directed groundbreaking commerce initiatives at Staples and eBay, and our CEO created multi-billion dollar projects at Amazon. We're growing fast and looking for more awesome people to join us.
Your next career:
Technical content writers at fabric develop content that aligns with our core values
of seeking to understand before being understood and saying it like it is. We seek to understand by complementing insights from subject matter experts on our team with careful research (we don’t just use citations from the first page of Google). We say it like it is through succinct, vigorous writing. By doing this, we earn trust (another core value) and win customers.
At the same time, we write like we build products at fabric: aiming for production over perfection. We iterate and improve on the fly. For us, this is perfection. This is balance. This is how we drive growth through content while providing people with the information they need to discover big ideas. After all, we have a game-changing vision that will require game-changing content.
The primary audiences you will write for consist of developers and CTOs at large brands and retailers. Many of them are trapped in outdated e-commerce systems. In addition to inspiring change within their organizations through content like this
, you will write engineering posts like this
and big concept articles that show, through code snippets and simple sample apps, how large brands like Netflix, Spotify, and the New York Times can augment subscriptions with embedded commerce experiences.
If this excites you, please send your resume and three links to your best pieces of content published online. You must be authorized to work in US, Canada or UK.
- Write 2-3 blog posts per week
- Develop simple sample apps and sketches to illustrate concepts
- Interview our engineers for engineering posts
- Collaborate with our content marketer and editor
- Add and schedule finalized content to our CMS
- Update your content projects in Trello
What you bring to the table:
- 2+ years of experience writing for B2B SaaS
- Skilled with microservices and APIs
- A portfolio of live writing samples for B2B SaaS
- A deep interest in technology and e-commerce
- Collaborative personality but a preference for working independently
What Fabric brings to the table:
- Competitive compensation packages
- PTO and Holiday plans
- Benefits packages which include Medical, Dental, Life, and Vision
- Wellness & Technology Programs
- Fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment
- A team invested in you both personally and professionally