We are EVELO (www.evelo.com), an 10-year old electric bike company, focusing on helping people stay active and live a healthy lifestyle. We design, build and sell electric bikes direct-to-consumer all over the U.S. We have a tight-knit, fully distributed team of about ~12 people spread out around the country.
We are looking for an experienced, motivated storyteller and marketing professional to join our team to lead our Marketing, PR and Brand efforts.
Flexible work environment, competitive salary, up to 4 weeks of paid vacation, and stock options are all included.
=== WHAT’S THE JOB? ===
At its core, you’ll be responsible for developing and executing the marketing strategy for our eCommerce brand, as well as recruiting and managing a team of sub-contractors to help out with specific areas of focus.
- Oversee core marketing channels - Content Marketing, SEO, PR & Influencers, Email, Social Media, Website & some paid search
- Brand management - help define our brand positioning and implement a consistent messaging through all of our channels.
- Manage and external resources - developer, designer, paid search manager, writer.
- Build and execute annual customer acquisition, conversion & customer experience strategy.
- Measure milestone progress of projects & store performance with core KPIs
- Manage the EVELO website (updates, revisions, new content, etc)
- Grow our email list and oversee weekly email marketing campaigns
- Manage regular email communication with our customers and prospects
- Oversee sales promotions and new product launches/updates to ensure activities occur on schedule and that the information is accurate and up to date
- Customer Experience - Support projects that improve the overall customer experience both pre & post sale.
- Coordinate and help develop updated/new content for end user engagement and SEO purposes
- Continuously monitor and review team suggestions for marketing-related topics to ensure timely action
- Proactively solicit feedback from EVELO team members on proposed changes to content
- Regularly communicate any key decisions and changes to timelines (launches, etc) to ensure prioritization and alignment with all stakeholders.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the market by regularly engaging with EVELO’s customers to understand their wishes and concerns.
=== WHO YOU ARE===
We’re looking for a professional who is communicative, enthusiastic and wants to get their hands dirty. As a small team, it’s important that you are willing to wear more than one hat and do what’s necessary to get the job done.
- Significant experience with at least 3 out of the following 6 marketing disciplines: Content Marketing, SEO, PR & Influencers, Email, Social Media & Paid Search. Must be able to demonstrate specific examples.
- Experience working with Shopify. Experience with at least 2 these tools: Klaviyo, Google Analytics, Ahrefs, SEMRush
- Bonus: a great sense of design & UX, and enough to be dangerous with HTML/CSS
- Possess a data-driven mindset: you understand that content is only as valuable as our ability to get people to pay attention to it, so you are also willing to pay attention to the data and tweak your approach consistently.
- Enjoy working remotely and have the ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Strategic application of project management methods and approaches, to successfully reach maximum efficiency according to project needs
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to adapt communication to multiple audiences
- Effective reading and managing of situations that might arise throughout the course of a project, and ability to react appropriately to maintain calm and useful dialog
- Ability to influence in a positive way both up and down the leadership chain
- Successfully employ a consistent set of strategies to maintain organization, manage time and manage stress
You can live anywhere in the world, but must have experience working with U.S. consumers. Must be available to work regular U.S. business hours.
You need to love what you do, have opinions, work well in a team, and get excited about marketing & growth.
- Work remotely from anywhere.
- Competitive salary - starting at $75K/year.
- 3 weeks vacation 1st year, increased to 4 weeks from Year 2. Plus 8 holiday days.
- Equity share - you’ll receive stock options after 1 year with the company.
- Work in a meaningful industry at a company that improves the lives of its customers.
- Free electric bike if you're in the U.S.
=== I'M INTERESTED===
Great! We'd love to hear from you. To apply, please proceed to the application link to submit:
a. Cover letter or a short 1-2 minute introductory video
b. Resume / CV
c. Responses the questions provided.
We look forward to reviewing each and every application and will get back to you shortly with the next steps, if it seems like a good fit.