We are looking for a full-stack expert. You have taken multiple apps from conception to deployment, and have experience and opinions on the best technologies to use and why. You should be comfortable implementing new features from scratch, making changes to existing features and writing complex migrations on production data. You should be able to hit the ground running and be able to read code to figure out how it should work, how it currently works, and how best to improve it.
We are a remote-first company with a 20-person team all over the world. When there is no global pandemy, we meet up for offsite retreats bi-annually, previously we have skied near Tahoe and tasted wine in Sonoma. Our Employee Handbook is published here: https://github.com/EnzymeCorp/handbook
Enzyme is a Y Combinator company (YC S17) with industry traction; we are growing our team to keep up with demand. This is an opportunity to be an early engineer at a startup that has found its feet and shape the engineering culture, and you should have opinions on how to do that.
If you enjoy working with smart and kind people, want to work for a company with a goal to improve peoples' lives and want an opportunity to both grow with a company and shape that company's growth, we want to hear from you.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work in North/South America or GMT/CET Timezones
- “Strong opinions, weakly held”
- Experience with Elixir and Phoenix
- Experience in Ember, React or other SPA frameworks, AWS, Terraform
- Experience working within life science or another regulated industry.
- Experience working within a distributed team
NO CONTRACT this is a full time job listing