We are looking for a senior full-stack developer, or potentially one dedicated front-end developer and one back-end developer. Our ideal candidates have years of experience developing, testing, and maintaining production-level code and are comfortable working remotely in small, 2-3 people collaborative teams.
Depending on the job position, our ideal candidates have expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Managing, designing, and querying modern relational databases (PostgreSQL)
- Designing, testing, and maintaining REST APIs (specifically, with Python/Django)
- Administering Linux servers and/or cloud-based deployment infrastructure
- Interacting with legacy back-end software (specifically, in C# & SQL Server)
At each layer, extensive domain-level experience will be considered if the specific tooling varies; if you have written solid, well-tested REST APIs in one language, say, we trust you can learn Python and build APIs with it.
The kinds of challenges you can expect to encounter include:
- Working with a business analyst to design digital workflows to replace slow, manual, and error-prone legacy workflows
- Pair-programming (remotely) a difficult issue with a teammate
- Building out new features from idea to development to deployment
- Writing unit/functional tests for new and existing functionality
- Trying to wrangle less-than-perfect data from legacy systems into shape for the modern web
- Optimizing complex database queries using SQL or advanced Django ORM techniques