Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
Education Analytics is a non-profit organization that uses data analysis to inform education research, management, and policy decisions. Our staff is highly motivated, technical analysts and policy advisors that leverage the latest technology to deliver our services to public education with the highest quality and in the most cost-effective manner possible. To that end, we are constantly experimenting with new technologies that can improve our work, whether that be the latest in telepresence technology, remote collaboration software, or the fastest parallel compute cluster we can build within our budget.
This position will report to the Director of Software Development and will have significant freedom to structure, plan and implement EA’s web application strategy (including proposals about frameworks and tools). If you are looking to build software with an eye towards a social mission to help kids, please apply. We are looking for passionate technologists that accept nothing but the best for our education systems.
- Build, deploy and maintain complex web applications
- Setup security module for the web application to allow user authentication/authorization
- Configure and host scalable web applications in the cloud
- Translation of designer mock-ups and wireframes into front-end code
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and system design
- Database administration and management of a hosting environment
- Security module setup with authentication and authorization
- Perform unit testing and user testing
- Perform version control with GitHub and maintain good documentation of code
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree (or equivalent work experience) in computer science, web development, information systems, or related field
- 4+ years of experience working with scalable web applications
- 4+ years of back-end skills including experience with API design and development, and RESTful Services
- 4+ years of database technologies like PostgreSQL and MySQL
- 4+ years of web server technologies like Nginx, ISS, etc.
- 4+ years of server-side frameworks like Flask, SQLAlchemy
- Competitive salary
- Annual merit bonuses
- Paid holidays and over a month of paid vacation per year
- Generous 401k and health benefits
- Free Madison Metro transit pass or subsidized office parking (if space is available)
- Casual office environment if desired Remote position
Education Analytics is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.