Time zones: SBT (UTC +11)
, GMT (UTC +0)
, CET (UTC +1)
, EET (UTC +2)
, MSK (UTC +3)
Ecochain is growing! We are a young and purpose-driven scale-up company and with our innovative, scalable, and modern tech platform we enable our customers to reduce their environmental impact.
For our mission, we are looking for forward-thinking engineers to join our fast-growing tech team to extend our platform's functionality and usability. You will be working in an agile environment where the tech team builds, deploys, monitors, and supports the platform.
The DevOps Engineer Role:
- Your primary role is support the team as a DevOps engineer by enhancing, creating, and maintaining the Infrastructure as Code in a clear and understandable way.
- Your secondary role is to help build optimized, scalable, and modular software using the required technologies (i.e. Go) by developing and coding back-end components and connecting applications to other (web) services.
If you're looking for a job that aims to create a better world, having an opportunity to develop yourself, where your opinion matters and where you will be working with cutting-edge technologies (Go, GraphQL, Neo4J, AWS, React...), then being a DevOps Engineer @ Ecochain is the perfect job for you!
- AWS infrastructure up to date, secure and operational.
- Working with software developers in a DevOps team to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended.
- Analyzing and implementing best coding practices into the project code.
- Analyzing technical requirements of the project and adapting the code in line with them.
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes.
- Writing and maintaining code.
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and technology developments.
Your knowledge, skills & competencies
- Strong working knowledge of AWS, Terraform, and Docker.
- At least 3 years of professional experience with systems administration or DevOps.
- Working knowledge of Redis, ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Apache.
- Knowledge of our Tech Stack: GraphQL, Go, PHP, React, Redis, MongoDB, Neo4j, Grafana, and SQS.
- A technical vision and a passion for creating innovative solutions and improving your work environment.
- Great attention to detail and good knowledge of shipping high-quality code (clean code, TDD, DDD, SOLID).
- Good communication, analytical and problem-solving skills with openness to receiving and giving feedback in a safe and inclusive workplace.
- Curiosity, pro-activity, team spirit, and passion.
- The cherry on the cake (but not mandatory): you are familiar with DDD, Event sourcing, high-performance applications, and software architecture.
Further on you must be able to read, write, and speak English FLUENTLY as we have people from many different countries working at Ecochain and our default communication language is English.
What we offer
- Making an impact as you will work on helping to solve the biggest problem of humankind: climate change!
- A daily challenge making very complex stuff easy to use as this is not a straightforward journey!
- Enjoy the ride of the scale-up phase we’re in and evolve your skills and grow along with the company
- A remote setup and processes tailored for remote workers. Amsterdam is a great city but we understand that not everyone lives nearby
- The freedom of planning your work around life and not the other way around — we want you to bring your full self to work, and this includes owning your daily routines
- A 3-day quarterly team retreat to update & upgrade yourself and have some quality time with your team members in a beautiful place
- Of course an attractive salary and also the hardware of choice to work with
Why you should join our team
Purpose: have a job that makes a tangible contribution to a better world. At Ecochain, we enable clients to get a grip on their environmental impact and sustainable ambitions. We turn data into actionable insights and enable our customers in improving the environmental footprint of the product they produce.
Timing: We are in a scaleup phase of organizational development. You will become part of a dynamic, international team of currently 45 colleagues and contribute to our ambitious growth goal. This provides great opportunities because it creates room to challenge the status quo and have that sense of ownership and very real influence that turns daily work into something inspirational.
Team: Our development team is the backbone of our future and is destined to grow rapidly in the coming period to bring to life to all the amazing ideas we have on our ambitious roadmap. It is the perfect time to jump on the Ecochain train.
Our interview process:
- Screening phone call with our Talent Manager
- Interview with our Tech Lead
- Coding assignment
- Review assignment with members of the development team
- Closing chat with our Head of Product
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new DevOps Engineer? Then we'd love to hear from you! If you have any questions about the company, the position, or the procedure you can contact Nynke Hessels via firstname.lastname@example.org or +316 22034559.