DroneDeploy is the enterprise-grade drone data platform. Trusted by leading brands globally, DroneDeploy makes the power of aerial data accessible and productive for everyone by transforming data collection and analysis across industries, including construction, energy, agriculture, and mining. Simple by design, DroneDeploy enables professional mapping, 3D modeling, and reporting from any drone on any device.
The DevOps team is tasked with ensuring the reliability and security of our exponentially scaling platform while serving as a force multiplier for the rest of the engineering organization. Other teams rely upon our expert guidance to design a product that earns the trust of our users, without slowing down the pace of development. We believe that automation and developer empowerment is the key to creating systems that are reliable and secure by default while minimizing cycle times. We use a collection of SaaS, open-source, and proprietary technologies; whichever provides the right solution and seamless integrations for that piece of the puzzle. Some of the key technologies we leverage include Docker (for code packaging and deployment), Kubernetes (for container orchestration), and Terraform (to control our cloud infrastructure).
In this position you will be expected to:
- Have a mind for simplifying unnecessary complexity
- Empathize with the people who use the systems you build
- Excel at critical thinking and adapt to new situations
- Anticipate future problems, without over-engineering the present
- Share your expertise with others, but never stop learning new things
We are looking for someone with:
- A depth of knowledge in at least one domain
- Available to work on-site within our San Francisco office, or work remotely on Pacific Standard Time hours.
- Experience with configuration management systems (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt)
- Experience solving difficult problems with a scripting language (e.g. Bash, Python) in a Linux environment
- Experience writing and maintaining software applications (not just scripts, side projects ok)
- Experience with container technology (Docker/cgroups/LXC/etc) and container orchestration (Kubernetes/Mesos/CloudFoundry/etc.)
- Experience with major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc)
DroneDeploy is an equal opportunity employer.
All DroneDeploy employees are responsible for assisting in protecting the company and customer data by following information security policies and procedures.