Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
, SBT (UTC +11)
, GMT (UTC +0)
, CET (UTC +1)
, EET (UTC +2)
, MSK (UTC +3)
, AST (UTC -4)
, FKST (UTC -3)
, NST (UTC -3:30)
Help us build meaningful software in healthcare used by doctors, patients, and researchers worldwide.
Doxy.me is the simple, free, and secure telemedicine solution used by over 1 million healthcare providers worldwide. Our mission is to eliminate barriers to telemedicine like cost and accessibility, so we are constantly striving to make doxy.me more accessible to everyone, everywhere. With over 350,000 telemedicine calls made through our platform every day, there are millions of people relying on us to simplify their healthcare services.
- Authentic. We are sincere and care personally. We don't let egos get in the way, getting to the right answer is more important than being right. We aren’t afraid to challenge someone directly, but not like a jerk. We focus on doing the right thing, we are the type of person who always takes the shopping cart back.
- Bright. We use our innate intelligence, talent, and curiosity to create simple, innovative, world-class solutions to problems. We just "get it". We are constantly seeking to increase our own brightness through self-improvement and combining our brightness with others.
- Effective. We are hungry self-starters who will get the job done regardless of circumstances. We don't need to be managed or told what to do. We are reliable and pride ourselves in producing high-quality, world-class results on time.
We are seeking a Senior SIte Reliability Engineer motivated by unique, interesting, meaningful challenges in the healthcare sector. We help doctors provide remote medical care, researchers collect structured data, the general public understand personal risks of disease, and much much more.
What Will You Do
- Build highly scalable infrastructure, automate continuous integration and deployments, and collaborate closely with engineering teams to improve a globally distributed cloud-based infrastructure, powering the entire doxy.me platform
- Partake in the whole cycle of feature development, from ideation to the actual delivery
- Conduct high-level root-cause analysis for service interruptions and establish preventive measures
- Participate in the LeSS process and SCRUM ceremonies
- Extensive experience as a software engineer building globally available, scalable cloud-native infrastructure
- Strong cloud experience with AWS, Docker, and infrastructure-as-code (Terraform)
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD processes, such as building/bundling and deploying code with technologies like Docker, GitLab CI/CircleCI, etc
- Comfortable with error reporting and monitoring tools like DataDog
- An eye for detail when it comes to UX and UI
- Knowledge of Git or other version control systems, preferably experience with Gerrit
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Helm, and microservice architecture
Nice to have
- Background writing backend systems in Node.js and TypeScript
- Experience working with databases (MySQL/PostgreSQL)
- Benefits: 20 days paid time off, sick leave, flexible public holidays, extensive educational program, Macbook, remote working environment
- Doxy.me tech stack:
- React, Node.js, Typescript, WebRTC, Loopback 4, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, AngularJS
- 3rd party: Vonage, Pubnub, Segment, Twilio, Stripe
- Our products:
- Doxy.me: The simple, free, and secure telemedicine solution currently used by over 700000 doctors worldwide and helping over 500000 patients/day.
- dokbot.io: Patient-focused data collection for healthcare.
- Adhere.ly: digital adherence tool for providers and their patients.
- ItRunsInMyFamily.com: Using health history to identify the risks of cancer and other diseases that run in families.
- Our team: technologists, academics, researchers, and innovators from all over the world. English is the language used in all internal communication.
- To ensure HIPAA compliance we perform background checks after extending a job offer.