Android Software Engineer
Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
Must be located: North America
Visit company website
View all Doximity jobs
Doximity’s Mobile Team
At Doximity, we put mobile first. We have built and maintain a suite of fully-native Android and iOS apps that healthcare professionals use on a daily basis to increase productivity and provide better patient care.
We have recently re-designed and re-architected our main Android app from the ground up, with an entirely new code base written 100% in Kotlin. It utilizes a modular reactive architecture, which has drastically decreased the build time and has made the development process much more pleasant. Click here to get more information about our stack on each platform.
We are looking for a talented Android Software Engineer to join our growing team of 10 mobile engineers. Doximity is based in San Francisco, CA, but remote applicants are welcomed!
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds to help build the future of healthcare.
How you’ll make an impact:
- You'll collaborate with a team of product managers, designers, QA, and other developers to drive mobile projects from beginning to end
- You'll be included in decision-making and will weigh in on balancing factors like scope, complexity, and timing
- You'll architect your code in a way that encourages and allows for flexible, modular, and reusable code
- You'll encourage growth within the team by participating in mentorship, knowledge sharing, and thorough code reviews
- You'll help keep our apps robust by writing tests, monitoring, reporting, and troubleshooting bugs
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years professional experience with Mobile development using native Android framework
- Demonstrable experience with real-world Android projects for the Play Store or Enterprise distribution
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous integration, build processes, testing, and operations
- Deep understanding of design patterns and with an eye for detecting their use case in the code
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch
- A commitment to writing quality code including writing Unit and Instrumentation tests
- An eagerness to learn new things and to help others do the same
- Good communication skills- you will be working with project managers and other technical teams to discuss requirements, technical designs, and product features
- Proficiency in Kotlin and Java
- You put security first, with a deep understanding of mobile vulnerabilities and how to protect our apps against them
- You are able to maintain a minimum of 5 hours overlap with 9:30 to 5:30 PM Pacific time
- You can dedicate about 18 days per year for travel to company events
Nice to have:
- Experience building SDKs for Android
- Experience with RxJava , Dependency Injection (Dagger), Network communication using Apollo (GraphQL) and Retrofit (REST)
- Knowledge of different existing mobile architecture patterns
- You are able to leverage different tools such as Profiler and Systrace to troubleshoot memory leaks and slowdowns in app performance
- Open Source contributions are a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Unlimited Discretionary Time Off
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, vision, dental, Life/ADD, 401k, flex spending accounts, commuter benefits, equipment budget, and continuous education budget
- Pre-IPO stock incentives
- Work from home Wednesdays
- .. and much more! For a full list, see our career page
We’re thrilled to be named the Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies. Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 70% of US doctors (and over one million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $3.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing fast, and there’s plenty of opportunities for you to make an impact—join us!
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Please ensure you meet geographic and skills requirements before applying.