DockYard is hiring a Senior Swift Open Source Engineer. This role will be dedicated to working on a high value open source project and report directly to the Director of Research & Development at DockYard.
Who We Are
DockYard is a digital product consultancy specializing in production-ready apps. DockYard offers a range of consulting services with capabilities in product planning, design, user experience (UX), full-stack engineering, and QA. Over the last decade, the company has solved complex product challenges for visionary brands like Netflix, Apple, Nasdaq, and Harvard.
We’re honored to have been included on guides ranging from Inc 5000 (2020, 2019) to Fast Company’s Best Places to Work for Innovators (2020) amongst others.
In this role you will be tasked with working on a Swift and SwiftUI open source project that will be highly visible and of high value to DockYard. You will be involved with the architecture and implementation of a high-value open source project.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter and independent engineer who enjoys contributing to open source projects. Having a demonstrable open source contribution record in Swift and SwiftUI projects will be a plus.
- Reporting directly and in coordination with the Dir of R&D
- Implementing a Swift/SwiftUI Open Source project
- Contributing back to supporting libraries that enhance said project
- 2 - 3 years of Swift experience
- 1 - 2 years of SwiftUI experience
- A desire to build well tested and battle hardened code
- Existing open source projects in Swift/SwiftUI
Nice To Haves
- Experience with Elixir / Phoenix
Perks & Benefits
- We are a distributed company.
- Company provided Apple laptop
Contract; six month minimum
DockYard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.