Headquarters: Boston, MA
Must be located: MA
Visit company website
View all DockYard, Inc. jobs
DockYard seeks an exceptional Product Designer with a passion for UX and visual design to join our remote team in creating user-centered web applications!
This is an amazing opportunity to become a member of our exceptional product design team for a premiere, full-stack digital product agency. DockYard works with ambitious clients across a range of verticals, including: Netflix, Flywheel Sports, McGraw-Hill Education, Zipcar, and more.
We have a holistic approach to product design with an amazing team of designers and engineers. We are looking for someone who enjoys the challenge of making the complex simple and has a passion for the intersection of technology and design.
You are a full-stack product designer. Your workflow includes product discovery, design strategy, wireframing, user journey mapping, iterative prototyping, user research, user testing, and visual design. We take a user-centric approach to solving design challenges and are focused on growing our industry-leading expertise in Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) in 2019 and beyond.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We offer a comprehensive benefit plan with a focus on providing an exceptional working environment. Some of these benefits include:
- 100% distributed workforce
- 100% DockYard paid medical, dental, vision, life & AD&D starting Day 1
- 401(k) offered through Vanguard
- Substantial paid time off
- Conference & Laptop stipend
What you’ll do:
- Design clean, intuitive flows and experiences that excite our clients’ users
- Bring solid research and discovery practices to inform design and UX solutions
- Wireframe, prototype, and create hi-fidelity designs
- Craft beautiful and elegant user-centered solutions
- Partner with our engineers, UXD, PMs and stakeholders to oversee user experience for products and features from conception to launch
- Work in solidarity with our customers and other DockYard teams
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with engineers and designers
- Provide and seek feedback from other designers to always push quality
- Design systems experience a plus
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of product design experience
- An excellent communicator who can work well with clients and diverse teams
- Experience designing and shipping products that customers love
- Experience with the full-range of product, interaction, and visual design
- Experience using data to inform design and product decisions
- Talent in creating and maintaining complex design systems
- Ability to clearly communicate product strategy, design rationale and conceptual ideas
- Proficiency with Creative Suite, Sketch, and prototyping tools.
- A portfolio of top-notch product work that demonstrates strong design and UX skills
DockYard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this role.
Please ensure you meet geographic and skills requirements before applying.