DockYard is hiring a self-driven, experienced Ember Developer who is passionate about web technologies and has experience designing complex frontend architectures using Ember.js.
Who We Are
DockYard is a digital product consultancy specializing in production-ready apps. DockYard offers a range of consulting services with capabilities in product planning, design, user experience (UX), full-stack engineering, and QA. Over the last decade, the company has solved complex product challenges for visionary brands like Netflix, Apple, Nasdaq, and Harvard.
We’re honored to have been included on guides ranging from Inc 5000 (2020, 2019) to Fast Company’s Best Places to Work for Innovators (2020) amongst others.
The Ember Developer will work on a team of DockYard and client engineers, UX developers (HTML & CSS), QA, project managers, and stakeholders to understand requirements and collaborate on solutions and feature development.
The ideal candidate is a champion for diversity and inclusion, is self-driven, team-oriented, passionate about web technologies and industry best practices, and has experience working on production Ember apps.
- Work on a high profile client project 32 hrs/week. You will be working closely with a DockYard UX Developer (HTML & CSS specialist) as well as interfacing with client team members to maintain and deliver new functionality for a user experience-focused, performance-minded Ember app
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning of projects
- Participate in code review and continuous learning opportunities
- When not on client projects, you will contribute to internal projects, take part in knowledge sharing, help improve DockYard development processes, contribute to open source projects, or hone your craft through professional development.
- Experience developing single page applications with Ember.js
- Experience working with external APIs and microservices
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Understanding of best practices for web development and software design
Nice To Haves
- Previous remote working experience
- Prior client services, consulting, or freelancing experience
Perks & Benefits
- We are a distributed company.
- Company provided Apple laptop
- 100% company paid Medical plan option for you and your family
- 100% company paid Dental, Vision, Life, and AD&D
- 401k with employer match
- Annual stipend for books, conferences, and trainings
- Generous paid time off
- Company Retreats
Remote (U.S., Netherlands or Mexico)
DockYard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.