Full-TimeDevOps & SysadminNorth or South America Only
As a DNSimple System Administrator, you are responsible for maintaining and enhancing our mixed bare metal & VM based infrastructure, fixing issues, automating tasks and routines, and developing an overall system to help achieve customer success through the automation of their domain management.
System Administration Team:
- We are a fully distributed team of experienced system administrators.
- We use Chef-Infra to manage and Chef-Inspec to test our system changes.
- We deploy and operate our various applications and infrastructure.
- We update and use our documentation rigorously to keep runbooks up to date.
- We automate wherever possible, removing manual procedures wherever we can.
- We test our code, we use code review, and we ship multiple times a day.
- Build, maintain, & enhance the infrastructure for our applications and dependencies.
- Update and clarify documentation, incident handling, and operational procedures.
- Communicate progress on projects with the DNSimple team through GitHub & Trello.
- Review other team members pull requests in a timely fashion.
- Answer customer support requests, helping customers achieve their goals and recording issues when changes need to be made to handle bugs or enhancements.
- Strong English comprehension and writing skills.
- Previous experience using Chef, Ubuntu, and PostgreSQL.
- Linux networking and software controlled BGP experience is preferred.
- Experience with Docker or similar container packaging is preferred.
- Experience with Go, Ruby, or Erlang is a bonus.