As a DNSimple Systems Developer, you are responsible for implementing new functionality, enhancing existing functionality, fixing issues, and developing an overall system to help achieve customer success through the automation of their domain management.
- We're a fully distributed team of experienced developers.
- Our systems are developed in multiple languages: Ruby, Go, Erlang. Ruby is our primary language.
- We deploy and operate our applications and infrastructure.
- We care about code quality and we adopt best practices to ensure maintainability.
- We test our code, we use code review, and we ship multiple times a day.
- Design and implement well-tested Ruby application code for dnsimple.com.
- Design and implement well-tested Go application code for a variety of support services.
- Clearly communicate progress on projects with the DNSimple team through commits, GitHub pull requests, and GitHub issues.
- Review other team member pull requests in a timely fashion.
- Answer customer support requests, helping customers achieve their goals and recording issues when changes need to be made to handle bugs or enhancements.
- Previous experience developing Ruby software, using Ruby on Rails, is required.
- Previous experience with git for version control is required.
- Previous experience developing Go software is preferred.
- Confident with testing and Test Driven Development.
- Confident with SQL (PostgreSQL in particular).
- Strong object oriented design skills and familiarity with SOLID principles preferred.
- Familiarity with Domain Driven Design preferred.
- Experience operating production systems and taking responsibility for uptime and stability.
- Strong English comprehension and writing skills required.
- Tangible contribution to the open-source community or trackable record of public talks is preferred.
Salary range for this position is from 5k USD to 8k USD per month. This position is fully remote and thus candidates may apply regardless of location.