Who we are
DNSFilter is a fast paced company which has doubled its growth in 2019. We are a TechStars startup that supports over 1500+ organizations, including Fortune 500 customers like NVIDIA. Our company is fully remote, with staff in several countries.
Our secret sauce is an A.I. engine that performs real-time classification and threat detection. We use this in concert with our DNS resolver network to protect users from phishing/malware and enforce custom policies (block adult content, enforce SafeSearch etc). We also market the A.I. engine separately as Webshrinker, for use in domain analysis use cases.
In 2019 we doubled our annual revenue. 2020 is set to be another amazing year for growth, and we are looking for the Marketing team to help fuel this growth. Content production will play a key part in enabling the sales team to win customers as well as presenting a captivating and consistent brand image.
Who you are
- You are a strong writer with a great eye for design, particularly with whitepapers, infographics (and some experience with videos). whitepapers, infographics and videos.
- You enjoy the faster pace of working for a growing startup company.
- You are detail and timeline oriented.
- You like the flexibility of working from home.
Why Work at DNSFilter?
- Ability to grow within the organization
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits for USA employees
- Company gatherings each year (last year we all met on a beach in Colombia for 1 week)
- Work from home, a co-working space, or our DC/Denver offices
About the Content Producer position
We are seeking a well-qualified Content Producer to join our Marketing team. This person will be responsible for creating, improving and maintaining print and web content according to a consistent schedule. Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional with strong writing skills, a sense of good design, and is able to manage multiple deadlines.
You will report to the Marketing Director, who is responsible for overseeing all marketing activities and developing a winning strategy for 2020. You’ll be responsible for sourcing, curating, and producing print, web, and video media according to a consistent schedule.
Compensation for this position is $57k ($6k of which is variable income based on hitting defined goals).
Here’s an overview of the practical activities you’ll be involved in:
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the following subjects:
- An up-to-date grasp of the latest features and markets for the DNSFilter and Webshrinker products.
- Our position in the marketplace, and how our products differ from competitors.
- Major trends in the marketing landscape. You don’t have to know everything, but should have a general awareness of SEO and conversion best practices as they relate to digital content.
- Managing a content calendar in Monday.com
- Preparing PDF white papers, case studies, and competitor comparisons
- Creating sales brochures for our staff to use during the sales process
- Communicating with contractors to produce illustrations for your materials
- Sending out weekly email touches to our customer base
- Producing an occasional slide deck for use in webinars or in-person marketing activities
- Content collaboration with our channel partners, industry experts, and customers. For example, joint whitepapers with another company, co-sponsored webinars, and customer case studies.
At a high level, this position requires you to:
- Have a respect for everyone who works on our team
- Develop engaging content that aligns with marketing targets both long term and short term
- Generate and publish engaging content
- Edit, proofread and improve content which has been submitted to you
- Optimize content according to SEO
- Use content management systems to analyze website traffic and users engagement metrics
Content Producer qualifications
- 2-3 years of proven work experience in production of content in various print and web media (PDFs, case studies, whitepapers, blog posts, email announcements, social media posts)
- Verifiable experience with WordPress. (Bonus if you have worked with Canva.)
- Experience editing files using an illustration software package (Adobe Illustrator, Serif Affinity Designer etc) and a desktop publisher (Adobe InDesign, Serif Affinity Publisher etc). You do not need to be an expert illustrator, but should be comfortable making minor adjustments to layout, fonts, and colors.
- Familiarity with designing content that is SEO optimized.
- Outstanding written English skills, detail-oriented work style, great at time management.
- Able to travel 5-10% of the time. We are a fully remote company. At least once a year we meet together for a week-long company summit in an exotic location! You many also travel a few times a year to attend industry tradeshows.