is a global company with a product that is 100% open source. Our team is 75 people and growing. We’re transforming the online community space. Our product powers a substantial segment of successful online communities, with >30,000 Discourse instances globally. We have thousands of paying customers, with a growing number of Fortune 500 companies on our list, alongside many leading players in the fast-growth technology, gaming and blockchain/web3 space
About the job
We’re searching for an enthusiastic Sales Development Representative to join our team and support our growth. Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated deal-maker who loves talking to people.
This position is salary + bonus + equity and is not based on commission.
There will be a paid trial project after making it through the interview stages.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing inbound sales leads
- Contacting existing customers with upsell opportunities
- Generating new leads via outbound campaigns
- Coordinating pre-sales resources throughout the sales cycle
- Consulting with prospects to determine the best solution for their specific needs
- Discovering and communicating customer requirements to the engineering and customer success teams
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has 1-3 years of experience in enterprise software or SAAS sales
- Experience developing and leading prospects by understanding and solving specific business issues
- The ability to “drive a deal” and go beyond relationship management
- Outstanding leadership, relationship building, and influencing skills.
- A knack for implementing processes, technologies, and solutions for a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills whether it be on the phone, on instant messaging apps, video conferencing, email, or speaking in front of large groups
- An overwhelming level of enthusiasm for building relationships and delivering on promises
At Discourse, the ability to communicate well in writing is paramount. We use our own software, Discourse, for most communication and most of your interaction with customers and team members will be in writing. In order to live these values, we look for folks who are:
- Detail-oriented, proactive, and organized
- Able to make decisions quickly and communicate effectively
- Work well independently and remotely
- Kind to their co-workers
- Highly driven with an execution focus and a strong belief in our mission to make the internet a better place
While not a necessity, prior experience with open source software or community management is an advantage
About our Pay & Benefits
We believe that high-quality benefits make our team more effective. We’ve been thoughtful about our benefits package
which includes a completely flexible schedule, 5 weeks of vacation per year, funding for a co-working stipend, and much more!
Our Salary Framework is location and experience based and we’re happy to provide a range up front. We also give every employee a stake in the success of the business, regardless of seniority or role. All full-time employees are eligible to receive equity options in the company as part of our equity incentive program.
Lastly, we believe in having a welcoming workplace where people with diverse backgrounds and cultures can create something great together. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every qualification! Apply by sending a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
. Please list your location in order for us to share salary information.